The Moon and the Sun

Legend has it that at the beginning of time there were two lovers that by their union they created the stars, the Earth and all the other that we can see, hear and acknowledge. However, the Almighty, the Creator of the two has put an end to their love that was presumed to have more power than He had. So he changed the Goddess of the Sea into the coldest and purest of the heavenly bodies and the King of Fire into the hottest and dominant of all the stars. One was to always guide the Earth in his journeys and the other was to accompany him forever. 

The lovers were forbidden to see each other, but the Earth, their child, has turned a blind eye to what God said, and sometimes he would convince his mother to walk faster so she could see the Sun for a fraction in her spinning. 

But let's come back to our story, after the making of the Earth and the creation of the first men, the humans cohabited in harmony with their magical brothers and sisters. The first King of the Earth was Adam and his Queen was Eve and they had two sons Abel and Cain. During the first years of their reign over the World, every nation lived in peace: the werewolves would help the vampires in the day and they would have the land of Mountains; the elves, gnomes, dwarfs and fairies were the rulers of the Forests; and the mermaids and mermen had the oceans at their tails.

Until one night, when Abel made a pact with the Unholy. Mesmerized by the magic he had seen around him at those whom he perceived as "lowers", he decided he wanted to be the most powerful of humans - the Keepers of the Peace they were called. And so he went for a trade. He needed to offer the seeds of the apple his parents had eaten in the Garden of Eden. 

The Spirits of the trees and wind heard the mischievous plan and went to see Cain. The plan was unmasked, but it was almost to have happened. It is not known how, but the older brother got at the meeting point before Abel.

At the sunset, the Devil would come and harvest what was needed. He would take the first soul and create the first abomination. Abel was to be the first demon, unless...

"Brother, what are you doing here? By God's power leave the seeds and come home with me!"

Abel did not even blink an eye.

"Why should I come to that land of misfortune, stupidity and ignorance? How can we, the first of men, be so naive?! We are powerless!"

All of a sudden a cloud of smoke approached. Inside of that cloud it was hardly discernible the black carriage pulled by two skeletons of horses with firing bones. When the smoke vanished, a tall pale man, with green profound eyes and auburn long hair had appeared. He hold a knife and a cup. 

"I did not know we will have company, Abel." said the Devil, then he turned to Cain "So, Cain, do you want magic too?"

The Sun could not stand, and neither could the Moon. They took human form and landed on the Earth. The Sun was a well-build man, with flames instead of hair and with ruby eyes. The Moon was a beautiful woman, with stars in her black hair and with silvery eyes.

"Devil, I banish you!" said the heavenly bodies as a unity. 

The Satan laughed and smirked at the two and said:

"You are nothing while on Earth, you are humans with no powers and you are going for a walk back in your skies, brothers!" 

After all, he was Lucifer, the first star on the sky at night and the last to disappear in the morning, but also he was the first of Angels.

Cain, saw how his brother went to hand the Devil the seeds. And without hesitation, he threw a stone at his bother's head. Seeing the opportunity, Lucifer has turned the stone into an arrow. Cain was in shock and then he turned red, he stretched his hand and, with magic, he changed the trajectory of the arrow.

"Go burn the seeds!" said Cain to the Sun.

Then the seeds turn into ashes and, in a scream, the Devil went back to the skies.

And so, there were the first man to be born and the first to die. The soul of Abel flew off somewhere, and when Cain died, Lucifer came and took his hand, he was now the first Demon.

This is the exordium, the beginning of magic, and humans, and time.

-------

"WAKE UP, JANNA!" a scream was heard.