Across The Oceans

Jack looked in the mirror and smiled. He was finally going to see his boyfriend of two years. Jack was hoping Mark would ask him to move in with him. Or even to marry him. Jack was in love with Mark, and he hoped Mark was completely in love with him too. Never had Jack felt this way about anyone. He looked back into the mirror and straightened his collar. His flight was in 3 hours and his heart was already beating like crazy. He was so excited to see Mark. It's been three and a half months and the Skype calls were just not enough. For either of them. Jack wanted to be with Mark for good. He wanted to wake up to the beautiful blueish gray hair and his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. Jack grabbed his phone and walked into his living room. Sitting on the arm of his couch, he noticed a message from Mark

"Hi, babydoll. Hope you're having a good day. <3"

Jack smiled, his cheeks turning a rosy pink. He replied with a short message.
"I am. I love you. <3"
He quadruple checked his luggage, making sure he has all the clothes he needs, his vlogging camera, his recording camera. His laptop, his tripod. Making sure it's packed in there good, so none of it gets broken or stolen. After checking once more, just for good measure, he lays on the couch and turns the TV on. He checked the time. 30 minutes until his taxi arrived. Might as well watch Mark play Super Mario Maker, he thought to himself and turned on the latest episode. Jack smiled once he saw Marks beautiful face and got even more excited to see him. 25 minutes pass and Jack is sitting by the door with all his luggage. He can't stop looking at his phone. Time seems to be going by slower than normal. 3 more minutes and then an 8 hour flight. No big deal. Jack sees the taxi pull up and his face lights up with excitement. He texted Mark again.
"Getting on my flight soon. I'm so excited to see you Markypoo."
He pressed send and let his head fall back against the head rest. 30 minutes later, he was woken up by the taxi driver. His voice was gentle yet professional. "Hey, we're here." Jack mumbled softly and handed him a crumpled up 20 dollar bill. Jack grabbed his luggage and made sure he had his phone, his hat, and his wallet, which had a picture of Jack and Mark in it from 2015 VidCon. He looked at the time and sighed, an hour until his flight departed. He figured he'd get a bite to eat and find some reading material. He put his luggage down and stepped into the little restaurant/gift shop. He sat at one of the small circular tables and looked over the menu. He was actually really hungry. He called the waitress over and pulled his headphones out, smiling at her. "What would ya like to eat, Hun?" He looked back at the menu quickly. "Just the burger and fries please." His Irish accent small and rough, seeing as he just got up from a nap. The waitress nodded and smiled, walking back to the kitchen. There were book shelves lining the walls of the restaurant. This was Jacks favorite place to hang out when he was waiting for a flight. He loved getting books they could both read together. Thinking of Mark, he checked his phone to see if there were any messages from him. And there were, in fact several. Just short cute little notes.
"I'm ready for you to be here, babe."
"I love you so much."
"I have a surprise for you.."
"Hope your flight goes well."
Jacks cheeks were rosy until he snapped back into reality. Wait, did he say surprise? Jack thought to himself. His heart started beating really fast and a million ideas popped into his head. He shook his head clear and grabbed the two books he was looking at earlier. He sat back down and as he did so the waitress walked up to his table with the burger, fries, and a Coke. Jacks favorite of course. He set the books in his lap and began eating, finishing with 20 minutes left until his flight. He paid for his food and the books and was on his way to America. He put his bags on the baggage claim and made his way to the gate. There was only 5 minutes until his flight left and he was 4 minutes away from the gate. Perfect, he thought. He made sure he had all his carry ons while he approached the gate and he texted Mark.
"I'm getting on my flight, I'll see you in a couple hours. I love you."
He pressed send and turned his phone on airplane mode. He handed the woman the ticket and headed on to the plane. He sighed. This is gonna be a long flight.~