our weird lives || phan au

for keira

"Daniel James Howell! Is Dan
here?"

I walked up to the front of the large room, my eyes flickering back and forth with fear. Today was the day I feared overall in my life.

Choosing Day.

They would collect our name, age, stars signs, birthday, and gender to match us to our 'true love.'

As if the government could choose who our true love is.

I reached the desk where a cute ginger haired girl sat. She looked at some papers and typed something into her translucent laptop.

"Hi Dan! I'm Lucy, and you'll follow me and we'll find your true love!" Lucy giggled, standing up and walking over to a white door. I followed her nervously to the door, not knowing what was to come.

***

I was in a smaller room than before, and this time it was more home-like. A few others sat on a couch to the left of the room, and another sat on a sleek, white chair.

"Hello Daniel, I'm Jacob. I'll be guiding you through this process until you find your soulmate, okay?" The tall, jet black haired man said.

I reluctantly nodded and followed him over to a large computer like structure. I could see different switches and a thin black wire hanging from the screen. I must've zoned out, because I only realised I was staring when Jacob coughed loudly.

"Well, we're going to hook you up to this wire, and you'll be put into a dream-like state. In the dream world you'll spend sometime with your soulmate. When you find the right one, we'll take you out of it and you can meet." He said quickly, grabbing the black wire. I slowly walked over and sat on the white chair. Suddenly panic set in.

I didn't want to do this, I never did!