Prologue

Going to bed every night sweaty even though the room's cold. Sweaty from the panic set in my heart caused by the sudden realization that our life is not worth it. The window flaps open as the cold cruel wind forces itself in. The moonlight places itself on my face lighting up my blue eyes and then i turn... towards my right looking away. Sorry for misleading you there we don't have windows, we don't have fresh air, we don't have an outside.

"Splash" the water hits my face, jolting me awake and leaving a salty aftertaste. I dry off and leave the washroom to get ready for my day. Wonder when I fell asleep with all the tossing and turning and thinking. I shrug last night off and head out the door to only enter another room. We really don't have an outside (at least an Outside us common survivor can go to). I miss the feeling of fresh air hitting my face, sweeping me away or it must be the feeling of it passed on to me from my family.

I, myself have never seen Outside and nor did anyone here. We have no real memories of Outside, just the tales and stories passed on from one generation to the next and the only sight of Outside we have seen is when we get to visit The Dome, our capitol to the survivor community named Monolith. The sky-way connecting us and the rest of the residential to The Dome is transparent and is the only source of seeing what's out there. The view may be pretty but water is all you can see as far as our eyes can reach and there are structures, just tall enough, peeking out of the vast ocean covering our entire earth. How did that happen? Don't ask me... Yet.