00

—————————

“I hope you understand na how hard it is to be a president so next time don’t volunteer your ass and expect it to be fine afterwards.”

With my scrunched up nose and squinting eyes, she can probably make an inference that I'm not listening; not at all so to make it up, I did some minimal gestures.

I bobbed my head repeatedly as I let my secretary believe that I’m listening to her non-stop chatter and nagging; she always complains that I never listen to her anyway so most probably she knows it already.

Bobbing my head repeatedly won't make any help but I still did it anyway so at the very least, I could pretend that I can multitask; do everything that I need to do and listen to my secretary pry to my matters.

I continued focusing on my work because I figured that could minimize the hours—the possible hours that I'll spend while working on these papers.

I can still hear my secretary still spurting nags so from time to time I’ll look at her and force my mouth to make a familiar weary smile, a sign that she needs tonstop because she's just exhausting me and herself.  I appreciate the effort pero since pagod ako, baka pagod rin sya.

Dapat tumahimik na lang siya kasi may gyera pa kami bukas at sa susunod na linggo.

I'm grateful that she's nagging me. It means she's concerned but she needs to be on her own business kasi being a secretary is stressful enough. Meddling with my business will just give her a worse situation.

For the 5th time, she probably got it as a sign that I need her to keep quiet para mas makagawa ako in peace and solitude so she momentarily paused talking.

Okay, it really helped. Hindi man nakagaan sa gawain well at least gumaan 'yung hangin.

I was too occupied that I heard her saying she needs to meet up with Soonyoung, some guy from a club that we support and tell him some adjustments regarding some events and it didn't come to me as an indirect thought that she'll leave me alone. She didn’t even notice that I didn’t notice that she stood up and she left me already, suffering on my own pit of doom.

Malulungkot pa lang sana ako kasi ayoko naman talaga mag-isa but then again, I’ve got no time to spare. Instead of making a big deal out of it, gagawa na lang ako.

I shifted in my seat as the piled up papers works made their presence painfully noticeable to me.

Earlier, its presence was subtle. Nakalagay lang sila and hindi pa siya nahahagip ng tingin ko but as time passed, it became piercing as if the pressure of finishing them all grazes against my skin.

Ayoko na.

Kahit nandon lang sila, parang may sumisigaw na “NOTICE US!” “GAWIN MO NA KAMI YOU LAZY POTATO!” and I cannot believe I felt offended with my own imagination. Naiimagine ko sila na nakahiga lang habang hinihintay ako na gawin ang dapat na nagawa na nila and I shook my head, scoffing for a second because of how ridiculous it is.

This is what I get for talking to Dokyeom way more often.

Masyado na ata akong pagod. I'm imagining naked papers lying on their back, making faces and mocking me real hard.

I grabbed a pen and placed it between the spaces of my fingers as I fiddled with it and continued scanning the paper that I'm working on.

Ang daming revisions na kailangan gawin. Gusto kong punitin.

Binitawan ko ito bago ko pa man hindi mapigilan ang sarili kong punitin ito. I glanced at the clock and my face contorted as I saw that it’s almost past lunch time and I haven’t eaten anything decent yet since last night. Ang laman lang ng tyan ko is coffee and that awfully thin crackers that Dokyeom shared with me earlier.