Memory

She looked down at the ground below her. Would they care if she did it? The girl looked up at the clear sky. The stars were shining brightly in the winter night. She wondered if she too could shine like that some day. But would that even matter?

The girl took a deep breath; letting the cold air fill her lungs. It cleared her mind from any unnessesary thoughts. The girl was afraid she whould regret it, if she were to think about it too much.

She knew she wasn't ready, but her problems were destroying her life.

Escaping the world, was a phrase the girl fancied. It sounded so serene in her head. A different universe where her problems wouldn't even matter. It was just so abstract.

She closed her eyes. The sound of the cars below, the people and the music grew louder. She consentrated on her breathing, and the sounds of the city slowly faded away.

She took a deep breath and jumped.

*

The girl fell through the cold winter air. She felt like there was a big hole in her stomach: like all her insides had stayed behind at the roof. She slowly opened her eyes, watching the ground grow closer and closer.

She hit the ground. Painful jolts ran through her feet, and up her body. The girls ribs were squeezed, making her lungs completely empty for air. She tried to inhale, but no air was getting through her throat. Her eyes rolled up to the back of her head.