Movie Night

Opal didn't notice, but he was staring at her. The color of her eyes, the way her hair slowly morphed into brown waves and then to ringlets, how her earrings weren't nearly as sparkly as her eyes when she laughed at the movie playing on the small television in the living room. Alec looked at every part of her. They were both sitting on his old tan couch, watching cheesy hallmark movies that she loved so much.
"Yo, earth to brown eyes? You there brown eyes?" Opal teased. Alec snapped back to reality.
"Sorry? What?" He croaked.
"Are you ok?" She looked up at him.  Even sitting down he towered over her.  She moved her feet from his lap, her toes curled at the look on his face.
" yea... Why?" He tried to clear his mind. Damn you expressive face! Why couldn't I just be a band kid or something? Theatre has made me into an emotional ken doll...
" I'm just spacing out Opi, everything's fine. You want anything?" He walked over to the kitchen, his A Midsummer Night's Dream shirt barley protecting him from the cold seeping in through the kitchen windows. 
      Opal turned around, resting her arms on the back of the couch.  Teenage boys, do they ever stop eating? she whispered, inaudible to his ears. 
"Pass me a root beer, jerk."
"Sure thing, prick." He teased.  Best friends were weird like that, you know?
      He plopped back down on the couch with a bag of chips (ruffles, her favorite), a chocolate bar (her PMS was blatantly obvious), and her can of root beer.
"Holy crap, is it that obvious?" Opi said, mortified.
" Opal, you must understand. I was there the day you ate half of my pantry and got your period, I think I'm smart enough to recognize the signs."  She laughed. That adorable, snorting, witch cackle laugh.  The next thing he knows, He and Opal are basically rolling over on the floor, crying with laughter.  Opal ran to the bathroom, almost positive she was going to piss herself cackling so hard, and that made Alec laugh even harder.
"WEAKLING!" He shouted breathlessly, between fits of, at best, manly giggling. If that is even an thing.