The Lift

"Tré." Billie whispered softly while nudging him. "C'mon man, we're going for drinks. You've been in bed all day." Tré rolled over and buried his face in the pillow.

"Don't feel good, Beej. I wanna stay here." He muttered sleepily. Billie sighed.

"Alright. C'mon Mike."

"I was gonna pee but whatever." Mike said and they left, leaving the door open for Tré and heading to the lift. Billie pushed the button and they waited, Mike checking to see if he had everything. The lift arrived on the 11th floor which was the floor they were on and they got in, clicking the button for the ground floor.

"Where we gonna go for drinks?" Billie asked, receiving a shrug from Mike in response.

The lift went to the 10th floor and stopped, dropping slightly twice before stopping completely.

"Shit." Billie muttered and looked at Mike, biting his lip.

"Uh oh," Mike said, stepping forward a bit. "Hey Beej?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you let go of my hand?" Mike said.

"Oh sorry." Billie laughed and let go.

Mike frowned and looked at the buttons, pressing the alarm button.

"It doesn't work." He sighed, and let himself slide to the floor.

"Fuck. It's hot." Billie said, pressing the fan button. Nothing happened.

"This is great." Mike muttered, reaching up and pressing all of the buttons, but still none of them worked. Billie sat next to Mike.

"Call Tré." He said. Mike nodded and got his phone out, dialled Tré and held the phone to his ear.

"He's not answering." Mike growled and hung up, calling again.

"Fuck I'm burning up." Billie said, fanning himself.

"It's too hot in here man, the fan won't work." Mike said.

"You got a drink?" Billie asked.

"Nope." Mike sighed, calling Tré again.

"Shit." Billie sighed and watched him.

"I give up." Mike sighed and text Tré to call him, it was urgent.

"Fuck." Billie said to himself and leant against the wall.

"Fuck it." Mike cried out and took his shirt off, throwing it into the corner of the lift.

"Good idea." Billie said, taking his shirt off and dumping it too. They sat for that for what felt like days, but was probably only a few hours.

They tried knocking on the door, calling out, and pressing the alarm button but nothing worked. Billie had never felt so hot. His entire body was sweating, even his neck. A look at Mike told him that he was in the same condition as Billie. He reached over and patted Mike's leg comfortingly.

"How you holding up?" He asked. Mike simply shook his head before pulling his leg close to him and kicking the lift door. He looked at Billie and did it 3 more times, the force of his kicks increasing with each kick.

"Fuck!" He yelled when nothing happened. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!!" He kicked once again, harder then he ever had before pulling his knees close to him and wrapping his arms around himself.

Billie blinked and shuffled a little closer before noticing Mike's hitched breathing.

"Mike?" Billie asked before shuffling in front of him. "Mike, are you alright?" He asked.