Chapter I

"When I was younger my father would always tell me that I had my whole life ahead of me, to decide what I want to be, how I want to be, and who I want to be. I lived a pretty normal life as a child. But I was never satisfied. I always yearned for something more, I was tired of living in such a small town where nothing happened. Living in Blackmount was like constantly pressing replay over and over and over again every day. I tried everything I possibly could to make living in such a dull town bearable. As the curious and adventurous person I am, I would explore places beyond the centralized area of the town with my best friend Erica, she was the only person in this town who hated it as much as I did. I'd say my childhood and adolescence did have a role in the career I have now. I always knew that I was meant for something much greater than a dead end town; and so was my best friend Erica. Erica and I decided to join the DEA. It's crazy if you think about it, you probably might laugh too. What would two girls from a small town know about drugs and drug trafficking? Well according to my Los Angeles view window office, a lot." I finish off saying with my cheeky smile as the girl behind the camera signals that my interview was over.

"Lauren, charming as usual" Erica teases me as she walks in making my head shake slightly as I thank Lola who is the director of the "agent of the year" video. This year has been hands down one of the best years in my career. 

"Well, how does it feel to be the agent receiving the agent of the year award?" Erica asks as she nudges me making my face hot. Every time I remembered that I was receiving the highest honor award this year made me extremely happy but nonetheless nervous. Happy because I knew that the prize came with a raise and fewer hours, nervous because I knew that this meant that drug dealers would be on the lookout for me and that wasn't the best thing for me when dealing with vicious killing machines. 

"Listen, Ren, just enjoy it. You're the Lauren Jauregui, nothing is going to happen to you" Erica placed her arm comfortingly around me making me smile at the familiar scent. 

"And in order to celebrate properly, the gang and I have decided that we are taking you out tonight to watch your favorite movie, which just so happens to be playing for their thirty year anniversary"  Erica informed me as we continued our walk to my office. 

"Sounds like fun" I am so thankful to have the friends I have. I hope life continues to be this great. 

--- 

"Goddamnit Lauren!" Jack yelled in defeat "Hey it's not my fault you can't play pool" I high-fived Erica my partner in this game. "Honestly, I felt defeated since we started playing" JC laughed patting  Jack's shoulder in comfort.  

"A deal is a deal" 

Smirking I watched Jack and JC walk up to two brunettes in the bar.  A couple of seconds after the words left the duos mouth the girls walked away in disgust. I burst off laughing along with Erica as the boys walked back towards us with embarrassed expressions. 

"Guys can we please leave I've asked about every girl in here if they want to have ear sex"Jack mumbled running his hand through his hair. "And if they'd like to have an ear sex three way" JC laughed making Erica and I burst out laughing. 

"Oh cmon guys, you're acting like you'll ever see any of these people again" I replied trying to make Jack ease up. "That's easy for you to say" Jack replied. "Holy shit" my mouth gaped open as I saw a beautiful brunette walk past our table and make her way to the pool table a few feet from ours to join her friends. "Go talk to her" Erica motioned to the girl that had just walked by. "I don't stand a chance" I replied putting the cue down. 

"Oh my god, is this really Lauren Jauregui talking right now?" Jack asked surprised making my eyes roll. "Oh hush it, Harris. She's stunning" I replied in awe, glancing at the girl. "Lauren Jauregui I have asked at least half of the girls in this bar for sexual favors you are going to talk to that girl" Jack said sternly and nudge me so I could walk over to the girl. I looked over at Erica for help but she put her hands up in defeat with a small smile. "Alright, Harris I'm going" I sighed making my way to the bar where she had moved to minutes earlier.