Prologue

"Mia, this is bloody madness, how do you expect us to actually enjoy shopping?" Jake asked his best friend's older sister, rolling his eyes.

"You two need new clothes anyway, your parents even said so." She replied, ruffling his hair.

"We most certainly do not! I'll have you know, dad took us shopping just a few weeks ago, and I only ripped three pairs of jeans!" Leah protested.

"And, how many pairs did he buy you?" Quinn asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Three, so, ha ha!" She then frowned, realizing that she had made a fool of herself.

Mia laughed, and slung her arms over the pair of angry twins' shoulders. "You two will survive. Honestly, Quinn, how could you have become best friends with a pair of twins who hate shopping, and the color pink?"

She shrugged. "I guess I'm just that awesome."

"Okay, here's a plan. Leah and I go shop together, then run away, and pretend it never happened." Jake suggested.

"Good idea, Jake!" His sister said, patting him on the back.

"Should we trust them?" Mia asked her younger sister, who was already checking out a pink and black flannel. "No way,"

Meanwhile, Leah and Jake had already formulated a plot to escape the horrors shopping for new clothing. They absolutely hated it. The clothes smelt funny, and, most of the time, none of them looked appealing. Shopping was the one word that the Walker twins used to define torture.

"Okay, Quinn, you take Leah, and I'll take Jake. Sound like a plan?" Mia asked.

"Absolutely!" She agreed. So, it was settled. Mia walked over towards the boys' section of the store, and Quinn led Leah over to the girls'.

"This is adorable, isn't it, Leah?" She squealed, looking over at her best friend, who was staring boredly into space.

She looked over, and studied the skirt she was holding, and cringed. "A skirt? Ugh, gross! I like those."

Quinn looked in the direction she was pointing in, and saw a rack of baggy sweatshirts, and sweatpants. "Leah, how many times do I have to remind you that you are a young lady attending Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, you can't just wear any old outfit. We need to make an impression, it's our first year."

She rolled her eyes, and sighed. "Yes, I am a young lady who attends Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, but, I really don't care whether I look like a star, or a hobo. I mean, either way, I still look fabulous."