Darkness Ties us as One

Unfinished story, but I could really use some feedback before I attempt to close it. 

Thank you, Your Kitty Master <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*STORY ONE*

The darkness ties me to her, Carsyn thought to himself. When she feels me, she'll come to me. As soon as he let go of her, someone had to come around pushing him to remember her, so they could find and kill her.

The man behind Carsyn sliced his back for what felt like the thousandth time, sending another stream of crimson flowing down his nacked flesh. He yanked on his chains again as the pain struck him and stayed, never leaving. He waited for the next wound to be made, but it never came. Instead, he heard a loud heavy thump as if the guard had suddenly been knocked unconscious and fell to the ground. The chains keeping Carsyn suspended in the air loosened and he fell too. A dust covered, worn black boot stepped into his view as he lay on the floor, and through his dry eyes, he could remember that boot. It was as if every memory of that boot had slapped him in the face at once, and he knew she was there, saving his butt again.

"I told you to stay out of trouble Carsyn. Can't you do one simple thing right?"

He smiled and slowly sat up, "It's good to see you too, Avery. How's life in the city?"

She frowned, her long brown hair a mess around her face, covering her dark eyes. "You know damn well that life is shit in the city." As always, Avery was as good looking as she was crude. She sighed and sat down on the ground with him, "Carsyn, you should have stayed home, why are you way out here?"

Anger and sadness consumed him, "Maybe YOU should have stayed home! You were supposed to stay and be with us, but you left and Rey will never come back to life!"

Ignoring the pain ripping through his back, Carsyn stood up and snatched up a coat that was laying on a dusty gray table. Within a few hours his back would heal a little and he'd be back to normal Carsyn; back to the trouble maker he was, and Avery would leave him again and go off to some crumby run down bar to drink off her night of seeing him. Then she would find some evil monster to destroy in anguish for his stupidity, for the very thought of Rey's death and the family she ripped apart.

Her eyes hardened, "You know I can't stay with you forever. You're a consort, Carsyn, a consort with an uncanny power to elude his master's orders."

"That's not the point anymore, Avery. You were supposed to save Rey, save him from trouble; save him from me." He looked up at her, "You know I am no longer human, you know what I am."

Avery stood up and spoke the words he never thought she'd speak. "Rey's dead because I ordered you to kill him. It seems that's the only order you've ever obeyed. You're supposed to forget about me, not your assignments. If you come for me next time, I'll let them kill you. End of story, end of conversation."

Carsyn yanked her back before she could leave, and kissed her hard. "End of life." Then he plunged a dagger through his own chest, and fell to the ground, spilling blood around those black boots. He knew it was a fifty-fifty chance that he would be left there to die, but he took that chance. Now, he waited to see what Avery would choose for him. To live, or die.

***

It happened two years ago, when Carsyn first met Avery. Of course, the first time they met had to be at school, in the hall. She was the new girl, helpless and alone, trying to find her way to class and her locker. It was his pure fascination with this new girl that made him help her. She was stumbling down the hall with a pile of books in both arms, trying to read a piece of paper stuck on top and not succeeding.