Introduction

Around here, our reputation isn't the best. Which is kind of our fault. We've made some pretty big mistakes; getting in a fight with the cops, getting caught by cops, getting SHOT at by mercenaries, the list could go on forever. We call ourselves "The Runaway Gang". I know, it's pretty cheesy, but we couldn't think of anything else. That's the low down, now just read the book. That's why you're here, right?

*play some stealthy kind of music*      

It was a dark and stormy night...(you should have seen that one coming) We stared in utter awe at the over protected, creepy, stereotypical haunted house mansion. (Don't worry, we're not getting into Twilight here. I mean, how GOD AWEFUL would that be, am I right? Unless you're a fan of Twilight. I'm sorry.) Just 5 teenagers about to burgle a crazy women that hires mercenaries and goes to church every Sunday. Average night. I looked down at myself, just to double check that I had all of my equipment. I had a long sleeve shirt on that was all white except the sleeves which we're bright red. I carried a black satchel over my shoulder and a couple little tactical pouches on my belt. My jeans were dark blue and I had black converse on. (Not sorry for that product placement) I imagined looking at myself in a third person video game. I have shaggy, caramel brown hair and lime green eyes. I have a wool grey beanie on the back of my head. Gotta get that hipster look. Just so you get my features right in your mind, I'm 14. The others looked like me: Casual clothes, something covering their head and a backpack or satchel. 2 girls, 2 guys. My age. I'll explain who they are later.

        I look at the others, all of them being on my left. I wave my fingers in a "regroup" signal. I basically twirl my pointer finger around in circles. They all huddle up around me as if we're a football team making a plan. "Alright, here's the plan", I start. "B, you know you've got the food. Remember, act natural. You've practiced before." The blond, messy-haired boy nodded. "Everyone else, you know your positions at the bottom floor windows. J, you can make it in through the back patio." A dude with slicked almond brown hair looked at me and nodded. "M, you stay here and keep watch." A girl with long raven colored hair looked at me and nodded. "And V, you've got the basement. Everyone got it?" They all nodded. "Spread!", I called. My job was to scale the building and climb into the conveniently opened window on the second floor. I'll search there. I sprinted while crouched around shrubs, past a couple security guards, and was at my position. I scanned the gigantic wall. This wasn't my first heist. Nor was it my first climb. I found the perfect spot to grip. It was a trim of concrete molded out of the building that went all the way around the structure. I took ten steps back. Inhale, count to five, exhale. I ran straight towards the mansion wall, sprang forward about a foot in front of it and quickly gripped the ledge that I intended to grab. I shimmied to the right and reached my right arm up to place my palm on the window sill over head. I did just that and used all of my upper body strength to pull myself up. My right foot stomped onto the edge, then my left. I vaulted into the house, wondering what I room I would end up in.

       I acted quick enough and landed softly on my toes. Not a sound except for my soaking wet shrub of hair dripping onto the fancy red carpet. I glanced around the entire room. It wasn't anything special. Except for the fact that the exact thing we came here for was sitting right on top of a fancy wooden table in the middle of the library-like room. That doesn't make any sense. You'd think she at least would've hidden it somewhere. Not literally in the MIDDLE OF THE ROOM. Much less, with the window...open. That's when it clicked inside my idiotic brain. "Ah crap!", I half whispered, half yelled. I slipped my iphone 6s out of my jean pocket and quick dialed a group call with the gang. The call stopped and it was interrupted by "M" calling me. I immediately hit the green button, accepting the call. I heard her familiar voice say, "GET OUT, NOW!" Before I could react, the door slammed open and in came two tuxedo dressed frickin' mercenaries. One said, "You know her orders, shoot to kill!" They all pointed their pistols directly at my freckle covered nose. "aaaaahh, shit", I mumbled. I turned around to face the window in which I came through, bee hopped onto the sill and dived out of it.

*end dat supid ass music*

       Now you're probably thinking, "my imaginary boy friend told me that this was a story about kids running away from home, but there's guys that look like they're 50-year-olds going to prom shooting at a teenager who's jumping out of a window. What the hell?" I'm an adventurer. I've been trained the art of cat burglary by my dad, whom I'll get into later. Right now, I'm about to fracture a leg, break a couple ribs, maybe get a minor concussion... oh and some bullet holes through the stomach. Like I said, average day. Either way I'm going to have to take you way back to understand this, Deadpool style. It all started 3 months ago.