Chapter 1

"Quick question class, what's the full form of ICT?"

Joshua raises his hand, I point at him and motion him to continue.

"Information and Communication Technology." He answers correctly, I smile and nod my head in approval at him.

"Why don't we call it 'Internet Communication Technology? we do seek information from the internet so why not?" I raise my eyebrow at the crowd of students, questioning them.

They all seem confused and addled as slow whispers of discussion starts to grow.

"Because it's not up to us?" I hear Carly, she shyly looks down at her shoes afterwards.

I chuckle at her shyness and so does the class.

Nevertheless, we all love Carly.

"Sure Car-" My amusement was cut off by the faint knock on the class room door.

Everybody's attention immediately turns to the principal who stood there in all mighty. Ears of students in the room perks up as they stare at principal, they were all ready to hear what he has to say.

Panic start to cuddle inside of me. Did I do something wrong? We rarely see the sight of principal in my class, so it came a lot with surprise to me as he stood there clearing his throat and looking at me.

"Miss Valentine, Mr. Lockwood is asking for you, in my office." He nods his head one last time at me and to the students, before walking off.

Mr. Lockwood? Do I know him?

I shake my head, clearing out the thought before pushing my glasses up to the bridge of my nose and closing my laptop.

"We'll continue later." I hesitantly say to the class, not really sure if I had the job till then.

Nobody uttered a single word.

"I think Mr. Lockwood is her boyfriend."

It was the last thing I heard Carly say. I chuckled, shaking my head.

_________________________________

The nervousness was long gone. I didn't do anything wrong. I treated everybody equally in the class and everyone of them scored fine marks in my subject, so I shouldn't be worried about anything.

Keep telling yourself that Thea.

Once I reach the principal's office, I knock on the door, before opening it.

Principal Lance was sitting in his chair while the other man, which I presume is Mr. Lockwood, stood at the other side of the table where his back was facing me.

I inhaled a breathe before fixing my clothes and pushing my back up confidently.

"Excuse me, you asked fo-" My sentence was shortly cut when Mr. Lockwood stood up from his chair and turned around to face me. All the colours drained off my skin as I stood there dumbfounded, while looking at his flawless face.

His features were soft. Black hair, ocean blue eyes, plump lips and a physique of a gentlemen. He looked a little older than me but not too old. Around the age 26 or 27, I guess.

I didn't know I was gaping till Lance cleared his throat.

I got out of the trance and smiled warmly at the man standing in front of me. He smiles back as softly as his features.

I swear I was in awe.

"You asked for me..Sir?" I nervously glance around the room, avoiding his eyes.

Talk about confident.

God, Thea you're 24, get a grip !

Exhaling my thoughts, I looked at Mr. Lockwood.

"There is something I'd like to discuss with you, Miss Valentine." His voice was rich and melodic to my ears and I swear I had to restrain myself from running into his arm as he so confidently stood there.

I nod my head at him, motioning him to go on.

"I'd like to discuss this alone, could you possibly accept my request for a dinner at my house and we could discuss this matter without anybody's interruption or ears."

His last words were directed to Principal Lance, who had his ears perked up to our conversation.

Dinner at his house? What if he's some kind of criminal or a rapist?

"Don't worry, Miss Valentine." At this, he forwards me a card and I take it, furrowing my brows in confusion.

I glance at the card and I immediately relax.

So he's the CEO of Lockwood Co. I wouldn't be surprise there. I've read a lot about him in the magazines and newspapers and by that, I've come to the conclusion that he is a trustworthy man, otherwise nobody would invest a lot of shares in his company.

But, what he has to do with me?

Nevertheless, I accept his formal request with a kind smile and a nod of my head.

"Alright, I'll pick you up by 7 tonight." He smiles in approval and starts moving, but I stop him.

"But you don't know where I live?"

He looks back into my eyes. His blue gaze holding my hazel ones as his smile turns into a smirk.

"Trust me Valentine, I do."

Little did I know, what was in for me.
___________________________

A/N : Hello, it's me with my new story.

I'll try to keep it less dark and timid.

Tell me what you think about it?

Vote/ Comment/ Share.

- Namukotak.