Intro- Joan

A large room, occupied by smoke, brick, and desks covered in papers. A woman sits at one of these desks, a typewriter in front of her, a phone to her right, and a small ashtray on her left. She takes a drag and looks up at the clock. Only 6:50, ten minutes until they arrive.She adjusts the name plaque on her desk. It reads JOAN PERLMAN-EPD SECRETARY. She's devoted her life to this job for nearly eight years now. Eight years to the day. And not one damn interesting thing has happened. When she applied for this job, she expected more than bar fights and the occasional drug bust. She was snapped out of her wallowing by the opening of the door. Officer Joseph Banasik entered and walked toward the coffee pots, which were adjacent to her desk.
"Mornin' Joan" He said pouring himself a mug.

"Good Morning Officer." She replied, looking down at the wood flooring.

"How was your weekend, Perlman? Anything, saucy?", asked Joe, now leaning on Joan's desk.

"Oh you'd like to know, wouldn't you?" She said with a slight crack in her voice.

"Doesn't that new detective start today?" He asked after taking a drink of coffee.

"Yes, I do."

A new voice said. Joe turned around and she directed her attention to the gentleman at the door.

"Good Morning, I'm Clarence Ebner" he said, with a voice that seemed unfittingly deep.

He was wearing a suede jacket over a tight fitting button up, paired with a bright green tie. His hair was messy and unusually yellow. Joan immediately knew that he would get along with Banasik all too well.