The Owl and the Snake

In a beautiful forest thick with different trees and vegetation of all kinds. An old shaman walked along a dry pavement. He looked friendly and seemed very wise. He looked at me and smiled. So I approached the Shaman. As I looked at him, the person did not posses any earthly possessions except for the clothes he was wearing and a long stick which he used as a cane to help him walk.

He found a tree for both of us to rest under. It shaded us from the heat of the sun. A cool gentle breeze passed us by  which seemed as if the grass under the tree was the ideal place to take a nap. As the younger version of myself say in front of the shaman, he began to tell a tale about the owl and the snake who were rumored to have battled each other.

He explained that the snake represented evil, cruelty, anger and many more bad traits that many believe a snake possesses while the owl of course represented wisdom, hope, bravery and strength. He then warned me never to climb the biggest tree in the forest as this is the place where the snake lives.

After awhile, he disappeared and I started to play around the forest. During these happy moments I forgot the time and I forgot that it's getting late. I walked around the forest to try and look for my home but never found it. All of a sudden I am in a grassland where only one huge tree grew. For some reason I approached it. It seemed to be the best place to rest for the night. As the day turned into night, I get fearful of the darkness all around me. I was alone in a grassland which I believed something could attack me at any moment. I began to climb up the huge tree and as I did this the night sky turned into a cloudy gloomy day.

At this time, I have already climbed the top of the tree. I looked at the branches and leaves I was sitting on. I began to remember what the shaman had warned me about. I remembered the tale of the owl and the snake. I look down the tree from where I was perched on and I could see the shades and patterns of leaves were moving just ominously below me. It was the snake and this is its tree. It seemed very mysterious. It is obviously a giant but it tried to hide among the leaves and branches. All I could think of is to escape but I did not know how or where. All I knew was that I had to prevent its head from bitting me which it continued to hide. As I planned to make for my escape, the snakes tails grabbed my feet and then it began to coil its long huge body figure around my fragile body. I was trapped and all I could do was to accept the fact that I was going to die. I began to remember the shaman's tale again about the owl that would fight this beast. I managed to move my head up into the sky waiting for the owl to come and rescue me. It never did. I began to tear up ready to accept my death as I began to see a figure of from the distance which seems to look like a giant head approaching me. I trembled and paniced as I tried to escape its grip. I was doomed. I closed my eyes but even with all my fear I was intrigued on what this giant snake looked like. I am very frightened but I had nothing to lose except for my life which it already clearly owned. With a little courage I opened my eyes and I finally saw it's head. I look at it heading straight towards me. I finally had the courage to look into its eyes. It's eyes reflected me. I thought about the reflection of myself in its eyes but then I realized that the snake's eyes is not a reflection of me. The snake was me as well. I began to think that if the snake was me, did this mean that I was the owl as well?

All of a sudden my once trapped fragile body morphed into a huge brown owl. The two creatures began their battle. Both of them equally as strong as the other. I woke up as the two creatures faught.

Till this day, I don't know who the winner was. All I remember is that I woke up happy and refreshed in the morning.