One Bite

Chapter 1

"Annastacia!"

I groaned as my full name rang out loud and clear up the stairs and shook me out of my wonderful sleep. Slamming my purple and green striped pillow over my head, drowning out the sound slightly, I let out another loud groan and even kicked my feet a little in protest.

Childish, yet affective.

"Annastacia, did you not hear me?" My step monster, Treena, asked from my doorway.

I raised my head just enough to glance in her direction. Her bony, little arms were crossed tightly across her crest, while her long, red witch nails dug lightly into her bicep, or lack there of. A plain black pencil skirt hung loosely on her tiny hips and reached just below her knees. A bright red blazer covered her flowy white top.

I tensed my shoulders, trying not to snap at her and swung my feet over the side of my queen sized bed.

"I was just coming down to see what you needed." I lied.

Treena made a visable shudder when she scanned me head to toe. "First clean yourself up, I don't want any visitors walking in and seeing this." she flicked her hand in my direction and disappeared around the corner.

I enjoy looking like hell in the morning, thank you!

I puffed out my cheeks and slowly blew out my breath while approaching my full body mirror. I studied my reflection. Nothing new.

Same long, wavy amber hair I've had all my life. Same green eyes with the little yellow and brown flecks. Same long dark eyelashes that fanned up to my eyebrows.

I rolled the waist of my sweatpants once and pulled the bottoms back over my heels. Fishing my diamond necklace out of the neck of my t-shirt, I made my way down the hall towards the bathroom.

Yawning, I rubbed my eyes and almost smacked into my older brother. He shoulder checked me, lightly punched me in the mid section, and then casually walked away. Typical Carter.

I pulled a towel off of the shelf and turned the hot water on in the shower. After a quick shower, I wrapped my hair up and pulled my towel tightly around my body.

I opened the bathroom door and shivered as the cold air hit me. I speed walked to my bedroom and changed quickly into a pair of yoga pants and a bright orange v-neck. Tucking my phone into the waistband of my yogas, I set off.

As I trudged down the stairs to the kitchen, I raked my finger through my hair and then casually threw it into a high ponytail.

Treena was already waiting for me, taking small, frequent sips of her coffee. "I left you a list on the table."

I internally groaned as I looked at the list. There had to be at least nine things on here!

Treena cleared her throat and glanced at me before announcing, "Well, I'm going to work. I'll be back.. whenever."

I rolled my eyes and gave her small wave.

I watched out the front bay window. waiting for her to leave before I plopped onto the couch and quickly dialed my best friend, Nikki.

About twenty minutes later, both of us were firmly planted on the couch with multiple bags of junk food scattered around us.

"Hey Nik, wanna be the best friend ever?" I questioned in a sickly sweet tone.

Nikki rolled her eyes at me and knowingly asked me, "how long of a list did she leave this time?"

I laughed and pulled her off the couch so we could get started.

- Author's Note -

Sorry that this chapter isn't very exciting or anything, but I'm hoping that in the next one I can start the exciting stuff!

-xoxo- Alyssa