Masquerade

After reluctantly being dragged to the exravagant masquerade ball that everyone in the country recieved an invitation to go to, the twenty-four year old prince stood with a glass of champagne in his hand, wearing a perfectly tailored black suit, with a white button down dress shirt, black shoes and a black mask covering the majority of his face; only his eyes and the lower half of his face were visible.
"Hudson, introduce yourself to people, that is what a smart heir to the throne would do, start alliances now, from a young age," His father, William, ordered his son. Earning an eye roll, Hudson nodded and weaved his way through the dancing guests, making sure that he was lost amongst the crowd before slipping out, onto the balcony so that neither of his parents could see.
Inhaling the cool night air, the Prince glanced around the acres of land thatthe family who were hosting the party owned. He took a seat on one of the two chairs that had been placed out for people to sit on when outside.
At these events where there were many different kinds of royalty- Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Lords, Ladies, the list goes on- it was forbidden for mobile phones to be there, they thought of it as disrespectful. However, still being young, Hudson hated the rule more than anything, how else was he ment to keep his sanity whilst being surrounded by people stuck up their own asses?
As he flicked through his phone, texting one of his close friends, a gush of air blew past him, causing him to glance up, only to see a beautiful girl rush past him to the edge of the balcony, the party obviously getting too much for her. His eyes scanned over her as he took in her floor-length, royal blue, ball gown dress that looked absolutely stunning on her. He soon caught a glimpse of her blacl mask encrusted with ebony diamonds. As he watched a little more, he saw her pull out her own mobile, causing a small smirk to curl up his lips in slight amusement.
"Well aren't you the little rebel?" The Prince teased. Obviously, she hadn't seen him or else she wouldn't have dropped her phone amongst the bushes and mud. Surprisingly, he watched as she jumped over the fence to begin searching through the bushes as he just stood in awe. As her head tilted up to see him, despite it being mostly covered by a mask, he was completely taken by her, she was truely the most beautiful girl he had seen.
"Well? Aren't you going to help me, it was your fault in the first place, idiot."
And with that, over the fence Hudson went, jumping into the mud along side her. It was going to be a long night...