1: Before It All

Tarya In The Multimedia.

"Woooooooooo!" My dad was the loudest one in the stands. My mom and little sister were right beside him holding up signs with my name & "We Love You" or "You Can Do It" written on it. "The Winner of This Year's Track & Field, 800 Meter Run is..............Tarya Kingsley! Junior at Larksen High! " People from my school stood up, clapping and screaming for me. Then," The Winner for Long Jump Is Raima Kenn! Junior at Larksen High!" I jumped up and hugged my best friend. "Yes bitch! I did that shit!" She snapped her fingers in the air before giving herself a pat on the back. I laughed," You only good at jumping cause of all them gates we leaped over running from dogs."
She rolled her eyes," So bitch? You fast cause we ran from the dogs! Same scenario Hoe." We both laughed as the man finished announcing the wins. I stopped listening after me and Raima's name was called. I don't care about any of the rest of these girls.

We walked off the field with coach Paul behind us. "Aye, hold on now!" All of the girls stopped before turning to him. "You all did good out there today. I'm gone miss y'all." I rolled my eyes playfully as he wiped away a fake tear. "Y'all gone be seniors next year. Ooh, y'all getting old." Karmen, one of the girls kissed her teeth. "Ain't nothing or nobody old except for the weave on number 6 head from Jackson and the pickup lines you give to Ms. Fencer." All of us ooh'd, being some instigators. Coach Paul laughed," Don't hate the player, hate the game."
Michelle spoke up," While you playing coach Paul a pimp. Every female sub be getting her panties wet soon he be like," she deepened her voice," My name Kaden whats your name baby girl?" We all bursted out laughing, knowing that's how he sound. "She right! But last group hug of the year!" All of us ran to him. I'm gone miss this team, especially coach. "Kaden the best coach on 3," Coach yelled. "One, Two, Three!"
"Kaden eat booty!" We yelled. "I don't get tired!" Coach yelled. Raima grabbed my arm, laughing," Bitch I'm dead!" I shook my head laughing at them as I walked over to my parents.

My pops was on the phone when I met up with them at the car. Probably about his businesses. He has four, two hotels in Dubai, one Casino, and one Strip club. He says he got the money from an old family business that started with my great grand daddy. That's all I know because after that I never cared. I felt that was all I needed to know. I was so wrong.

Kayley pulled on my pants leg getting me out of my trance. "Ry-Ry you did good. I saw you!" I gasped," You did?! Was I good or was I real good?" She nodded her head quickly," You were real good Ry-Ry." I pinched her cheeks," Thanks boo!"

I saw my mom smiling at me from the corner of my eye. "Track star! What's good?!!" A small smile formed on my face as I looked at my mama. She always the ghetto one. She pulled me into a hug and handed me a Victoria Secret and Bath And Body Works bag.
"Just cause we knew you were gone win." I laughed," Thanks."

We piled in the car and my dad was still on the phone. It must be important because he rarely ever answer calls while we're out together. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I watched as my dad ended the call. He looked at me in the rearview mirror with a pained expression," Baby girl I'm sorry but we have to cut your celebration short." Me and my mom both looked at him in confusion. After that he didn't say anything else he just drove towards the house. "Why we have to cut her celebration short Mike? This is her day!" My dad shot my mom a glare and she shot him one back.

He pulled up into our driveway a couple minutes later.  "I'll be right back, I promise I won't be long." I nodded as I got out the car with Kayley right on my heel. Before I could get all the way away from the car my dad grabbed me. "I Love you care bear and I'm very proud of you." I smiled," I know daddy. I love you too." I kissed his temple and slowly leaned back up. He had a sad expression on his face. I watched as his eyes fell to Kayley who was bubbling with joy. She had a big grin on her face and was jumping up and down slightly. I think they gave her some sugar. "I Love you too porky. Remember that, remember daddy loves you. Okay Kayley?" She nodded," I love you more!" Instead of smiling his whole face dropped. "Mike what the hell wrong with you?! You talking like you bout to die or some shit. Don't be talking like that!" My mama yelled. "You never know," was all he said. My mama furrowed her eyebrows," Stop talking like that." He ignored her," Casey I'm gone be back. Get out the car and stay with the girls."
My mama shook her head," Nah, wherever you go. I go. And you already know that so gone head go." My dad began to sweat as he looked at his clock," Casey, get out." My mom stood her ground which only made my dad begin to sweat harder.