The Six S's

I woke up startled from my phone blasting Moves Like Jagger. Groaning I rolled over to my bedside table and retrieved my IPhone. Unlocking it and without checking the caller ID I answered, "Hello?"

"RISE AND SHINE!!" My best friend Ashley chirped loudly. It is 7 in the morning and that is not my usual wake up time. "What do you want?!" I huffed. I tend to be very grumpy when someone wakes me up before 11 o'clock, let alone 7 in the morning. I am forced to wake up at 6 though for school. Ew.

"Well, well, well. Happy aren't we?" Ashley teased. I can practically see her grinning from the other side. She knows how much I hate waking up early but she still does it to annoy me and "waking up early is healthy for you". Her words not mine.

"I'm going to hang up now."

"No! You're going to wake up now, change, and then I'm going to pick you up to go hang out with a few of my cousin's friends. I heard they just moved here." Wow, one minute she's all bubbly the next she's all serious.

"And that's not a question. It's a command. There's no options for you to choose from. I'll be there in 10." She added before hanging up leaving me there sitting speechless.

"What the hell?" I cussed, throwing my phone on the bed. I was so not in the mood to be going out and 'hanging out'. Pfft.

Can't a girl rest in peace? It's summer for goodness sakes!

***

Ding dong!

I rushed to the door, swinging it open. "Hey! Ready?" Ashley walked into the kitchen and sat at the island munching on a granola bar. She was wearing white skinny jeans paired with a white sweatshirt and sandals. I looked down at my own outfit. Black jeggings paired with layered tanks (a yellow one and a gray see through one over the yellow one) and gray ankle boots. We were wearing the casual style.

"Yes. Wait. I'm going to grab a granola bar." Getting a granola bar and two water bottles I sat myself at the island too. Throwing a bottle at Ash I asked, "So, about your cousin's friends, where are they from? How old are they? How many are there?"

"Nosy are we?"

Rolling my eyes at her, "Can you stop that? And no, I'm just curious."

She let out a laugh. "You know you love it. And hmm.. 1) Vermont, 2) Around our age, 3) 3."

"Cool." Well that's all I can say about it. I haven't even met them yet.

"Wait... which cousin?" I asked while I unscrew the bottle cap of my water bottle.

"Thomas. Remember him? We used to always play with him." She smiled remembering our memories we shared together in our childhood days. Those good old days.

"Thomas Sands? Yes I remember him. We used to always pick on him." I grinned.

"Oh yes!! That's really fun! I can't wait to see him to rub it in his face!" She grinned evilly. Did I ever tell you that she's secretly a she-devil? No? But you can figure it out after 5 minutes of talking to her.

After I locked my door we went into Ash's car.

"Wait!! I forgot Sassy! I'm going to go get her okay?" Sassy is my dog. She's a Pomeranian.

When I locked the door again, we left.

***

It was a 10 minute ride since Thomas lives near me. Actually me, Ash, and Thomas live near each other. That's why we're so close. Well my parents are best friends with Ash's parents and Ash's parents are very close to Thomas' parents. Lots of parents..