Chapter One: The Truth

Kayla woke up to the sound if her aunt Patricia bickering with a voice she doesn't recognize.
    Who is that? She thought.She got out of bed and put her hair up in a pony tail.
    Kayla walked out of her room into the hallway, but made sure she was hidden so she could eavesdrop on her aunt and this random stranger.
"She's bound to find out sometime Patricia!" The stranger snapped
"I can't risk her safety Michael, you know that. You're her father! It's your job too to protect her! Not just mine. We need to keep her from finding out that she has power,for Satar will likely come and curse the family or something crazy." My aunt exclaimed.
So that's what his name is. Wait what?! He's my father!!! And what about this thing where I have powers?!
I shrugged it off and decided to go get ready.
LATER THAT DAY
Right now it's lunch and as usual I'm sitting in the library with my best friend Layla. We became friends in grade 1 when someone was being mean to me and Layla came over and punched the guy in the face. Then in grade 2 we kinda glued ourselves to our seats... Don't judge we were like 7. Anyways we've just became friends and stuck around ever since.
"Layla, can I tell you something? Just promise to keep it a secret ok?"
"Kayla, you really think I would go telling people your secret?"
"No, but... Just don't tell anyone. So today I was eavesdropping on my aunt and some stranger. Which apparently was my dad."
"WAIT, WHAT!?!?!"
"Yah, well my aunt said that he's my father and his name is Michael. Anyways, they were talking about me finding out that I have some powers. And they had to keep me safe from some women named Sarah or somethings."
"Woah, I just processed a lot. Come over tonight and we'll try to figure some if this out."
"Ok, I'll be there by 6:00."
"Perfect, Gotta go, bye!" Layla waves goodbye and walked away.
Wow what a day. Can't wait to get home.