Love You Like I Do

"Look Chres, you and I both weren't feeling this relationship. You know that for a fact. "

"So you went off and cheated ? If you wasn't feeling us then why didn't just leave right then and there ? Instead of giving me a aching heart. " I raised my voice at my now ex - girlfriend Rachel .

I knew that she never took our relationship seriously, I knew that all the times she was telling me that she was going to dance class she was actually with him . Jacob .

And I don't know how I could've been so stupid . Because days before her " dance class " excuses , I took her rock climbing where she had severely sprained her ankle . She's been playing me this whole time , and now it's just fully setting in .

"I thought you loved me Rachel . What happened to all the kisses , the dates , the endless nights talking to each other on the phone while I was in training in New York?" I looked at everything around me, except her.

"Those were all real I swear Chres-"

"Don't give me that bullshit Amari! " I said to her, calling out her middle name. Letting her know how serious this situation was.

She sat there on my porch swing in silence. Struggling on what her next words should be.

"You know what, I'll just leave. My intentions were not to hurt you. Honestly, but maybe you should focus on your career. And I don't have to worry about your fans anymore. " and with that, she was gone.

She vanished into the darkness like none other. I hated to see her go, I loved her. Well, I thought.

I walked in the house only to sit on the couch and flick on the television. There was my face plastered on the news.

'BREAKING NEWS' : CHRESANTO AUGUST

My name was in all caps right beside my boxing picture from the night I fought with world champion Mike Christophe ... and won.

Now I was being called out, says the reporter. By the undefeated Chris Lockheart. This guy was no joke. He's being compared to legendary Floyd Mayweather.

Great, I already dealt with my first love ... now I have to deal with this cat. I'm not scared, Chresanto August is never scared. Nor am I intimidated. I just don't want all this weight at once. How can I ever deal ?

Won't people just give me a break ?