A Late Night Walk Home

"What a beautiful night."

     All I could do is look up as the lights of Seoul lit up the night sky. It wasn't always easy walking through the city, but tonight, it was perfect. It was cloudy, but there was just enough room for the moon to pop it's head out, and it was showing brightly. I'd watch it hide behind a cloud and come back out. The breeze that is still blowing around me from winter saying goodbye as spring takes over was a nice touch to the warm night that had stayed heated from the day. Maybe I'll sit outside and look up at the sky for a while when I get to my place.

     I am just a dork who lives in an apartment. I have short, wavy, brown hair, hazel eyes, and glasses. Yeah so you can see the dork part come in. Also don't even ask me about how I act. That can be a whole other story. Anyways, I just started my job as a fashion stylist, and I'm working for a small company. Luckily my house is very close to my job and I can have these kind of nights. Sometimes in the winter, I do have those times where I will be like no, and I will have to drive because of how cold it is. Tonight, I bought myself a hot chocolate, which was more of warm chocolate now. I was drinking that while looking down at my phone.

     *Buzz*

     Oh a text? At this hour?

     "Hey Amber it's Shaylee."

     Shaylee this late?

     "Shay it's almost midnight? Don't you have work in the morning?"

     "I don't have work tomorrow. So if you want to come over you can. I just wanted to tell you that. Since I know I work all of the time."

     "Sounds good! I don't have work either."

     "Awesome! See you then."

     "Yeah of course."

     My phone was about to die. Well great. So I started putting my phone away at the time and..........

     *Wham*

     I was on the ground and I felt something warm seeping through my shirt. My phone was in my other hand and luckily it didn't fall out. Also luckily my glasses stayed on my face because I really didn't need to spend more money on glasses. I laid there for a minute before I felt a hand on my shirt and one on the cup in my hand. The lid was off and was on my shirt. I looked up to see a cute looking boy. Maybe twenty, which is a year older than me, and he had cute black hair. I also caught the worried look from his glimmering brown eyes. He was practically shining.

     "I am so sorry. I uh......"

     He grabbed the cup and set it down. Then he took the top of the cup off of my chest and set it back on the cup. He slowly helped me back up on my feet.

     "No it's fine. I wasn't looking where I was walking."

     "Well neither was I."

     Living in America for half of my life before moving here, showed me he probably wasn't the best at English, but it got him around. Also it looked like he has been in the city for a while. I wonder if he was born here?

     "Sorry do you need me to speak in Korean?"

     "Uh no. I am ok with English. Please let me do something. I am so sorry about your shirt."

     I looked down at the wet spot in the middle of my shirt and slipped my phone into my jacket pocket. It got nowhere else than my shirt and I knew I'd just slip it into the washer when I got home. He looked so worried and I had to hide a smile from him.

     "No really it's fine."

     "Coffee."

     "Huh?"

     "Let me take you out for coffee. Tomorrow? It's the least I can do. I uh.......Well I just feel bad."

     He was sweet and looked familiar. I didn't bring it up though. It was probably just my mind thinking wrongly, like always, and well I did have plans tomorrow. Maybe I can slip it in? Shaylee wouldn't mind.

     "O-Ok. Tomorrow is fine. I am off of work anyways. Here let me get out my phone."

     I pulled out my phone and tried turning it on, but it was dead. He pulled out a pen and held his hand out.

     "Could I use your arm? Sorry. I don't have paper."

     I shook my head yes and then I held my arm out to him. His touch was soft as he held my arm still and wrote on me. I watched him write his number on my arm. His shy smile after he did it made my heart skip a couple of beats. It looked like he hadn't been out with a girl in a while. It was bad enough I've never kissed a guy, but now a guy is writing his number on my arm, just so he can take me out for a sorry date. I just had to act like I wasn't about to smile like a wild person because a cute boy is taking me out. It doesn't matter what for.

     "Thanks. What is your name by the way?"

     "Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. You?"

     "Amber Jackson."

     "Pretty name."

     I felt myself start to blush and all I could do was smile at him. Also his name sounded really familiar. I still couldn't put a finger on it.

     "Well thank you."

     "Of course. I like the red in your hair."

     Oh right I dyed the tips of my hair red. It was only temporary though. Still I thought it would look good. Also I never would have thought a boy like this would compliment someone like me.

     I felt a couple of raindrops falling and I looked up at the sky. Completely filled with clouds.

     "It's starting to rain. So I will see you tomorrow?"

     "Counting on it."

     After he said that, I waved goodbye, and ran the rest of the way home. As I got into my apartment, I quickly changed my clothes into something comfier, and put my clothes in the wash. I had to do laundry anyways. Then I went on the laptop and looked up his name.

     "Oh. My. God."

     Jeon Jungkook is from BTS! BTS is a famous Korean Pop group that I have loved for a few years now. It can't be the same Jeon though? Why would he be wandering the streets? I mean I know he has free days, but........I hope tomorrow I can find out for sure. Oh wait his number! I looked down on my arm and luckily the rain didn't wash it off. I grabbed my phone, plugged it in, and quickly turned it on. I quickly sent him a text just to tell him that it is me and that luckily the rain didn't wash off the number.

     "Haha alright. Well get some sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

     "Ok. Goodnight."

     "Goodnight."

     I couldn't help my stomach from having it feel like there were butterflies just flying around in there. I knew this was just a small date as a sorry, but it's been so long, and I don't know. I have a feeling it may be the real Jeon Jungkook. I mean is there any other Jeon Jungkook? That's all I thought as I laid in bed. Finally, after what felt like forever, I fell asleep thinking about the boy and to the tapping of the rain.