Chapter 1

There's a loud buzzing coming from my left ear. I turn my head to see my "Winnie the Pooh" alarm clock flashing 8:20 am. My head aches, and my left eye is blurry. Its the first day school. Even worse, its the first day of 11th grade. I groan and roll out of bed. I grab.my towel and shower cap that barely held my hair and head towards the bathroom down the hall.

The warm water blasts from the shower head above me. Water hits my face and streams down to the rest of my body. I grab my green loofah, add some Dove body wash and start scrubbing my self.

Once I finished, I step out of the tub and stand in front of the bathroom mirror. I wipe the fog from the glass and stare at my self. I was a spitting image of my mother. Milk chocolate skin, high cheek bones, full pink lips, dark brown eyes, and smallish puffy nose. Sadly, I had the same outline as her. Big melons in the front, bigger watermelons in the back, and heavily defined curves in the middle. To sum it all up, I was the perfect example of a sex-bomb.

I remove my shower cap and watched as my hair exploded out of the small space and bounce back into place. All big and frizzy and fell onto my shoulders and mid back.

I brush my teeth and walk out of the bathroom wearing my failed attempt at a bun. I reach my room and dry off before putting on lotion and my underwear. I open my closet and look for something to wear that's not to tight or revealing. I grab a pair of light blue jeans and a light purple v-neck short sleeve. I put on some mis-matched socks and black high top converse.

Once I'm fully dressed, I remove my bun and shake my head, letting my hair fan out. I grab a few notebooks, folders, pens, and mechanical pencils and shove them into my new back pack.

I grab my favorite dark purple hoodie and head down stairs toward the kitchen.

"Good morning mom," I say as she drops a plate of scrambled eggs and crispy turkey bacon in front of me.

"Morning sweetie," she replies sleepily.

"Did you cut anyone open last night?" I ask trying to start up a conversation as I ate my eggs.

"Yeah. Some one needed a heart transplant," she says yawning.

"Where's dad?"

"Up stairs getting dresses. He has another case today."

I finish up my breakfast and grab my backpack after putting the dish in the sink. I kiss my mom good buy and head for the door.

"Have a nice day sweetie."

"Kay mom!"

"Stay away from them white boys you hear," she yells.

(A/N:I'm sot racist, neither is the mom, she just has a thing again 'white boys' not white people in general.)

"Mom! for the thousands, there's nothing wrong with them. Half my friends are white!"

"Yeah, but their girls. I don't mind them but the boys can be type dangerous. "

"Mom you worry to much. What's the worst the could do?"

"A lot. Any way just be careful," she says.

"Yeah okay. Tell dad I said good buy."

"Yeah okay."

I grab my keys and head down stairs.

I walk a few blocks down the hill before turning the corner towards the bus stop.

It doesn't take long for the bus to get here. I punch in my metro card and take a seat in the back.

I take my time and review the classes I had first.

First period-8:00: Chemistry

Teacher: Mr. Livingston