Ch.1

Hey guys,just a not I don't know the little boys name in so I will make one up,so just throwing that out there.

~Nate~

I step of the dewy fresh cut green grass of the graveyard, Mama always said he was the man of the sky and I was the boy of the moon.
I saw Mama holding back the glassy tears, once a year on his birthday we would visit and give him the prettiest flowers from Mama's garden.
We hopped in the car and I could sense the depressing aroma, it pained me to see Mama like this but you always have to break once in a while, I gently rested my hand on Mama shoulder.

"Come on Nate, we have to go back home and get you washed up. Remember, we have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning so get ready for that when we get home."

"Mama, I have my clothes ready and picked out, my shoes and socks are right beside cleaned and pressed, no wrinkles," I say with a delicate smile.

"That's my boy," Mama said proudly and her soft tiny hand ruffled my hair.

"Mama, tomorrow can I go fishing by the creek?"

"You know, that's where me and your father met, back when we were reckless and free and didn't give care about anything except us," she stated, sighing.

"And dad proposed to you and that's when you has your first kiss, blah blah blah," I say with a humorous smirk.

"Oh, hush up! But yes, you can go fishing tomorrow but you have to at least bring back some dinner. We are running low on money so we have to start saving."

"Ok, but mom do you wanna come with me?" At that point I was scared of the answer. She never came with me. Poor Mama only has me left and Norman (our dog. What an old fart he is, the dog is 17 years old and still a hunting maniac).

But sadly after dad passed three years ago, it put a lot of pressure on poor Mama, it's hard being a single mother raising a child and herself.

As good as can be, my Mama never gave up and was a strong woman who didn't back down for nothing.

We pull up to the driveway and you can hear the cracks and crunches the tires make against the dead fallen leaves.

The lights were glowing from the kitchen window and the smell of fresh baked apple pie had my mouth watering. I watched as Mama pulled it off the cooling rack and cut into the crispy outer shell covering the top and watched it closely. She lightly placed each piece on a small plate and walked to the table.

I stare and stare in to the piece of artwork. "Well, it ain't gonna eat itself!",
I heard from behind me and it didn't take me any longer to jump right in and devour the flakey moist delicious apple filling and crust.

"Slow down big boy you'll get a stomach ache", mama chucked as she set down a cup of cold milk in front of me.

"All done"I yelled a I turn on the faucet to rise off the little piece of China. I gulp down the glass of milk and rinse out the cup.

Mama liked the house neat and spotless all the time she was my friend,my helper, my mother and I loved her and she loved me.

I quickly took a warm bubbly bath and popped in some warm pajamas I got last Christmas from my aunt Jennifer.
They were starting to get small but I still got some use out of them. The faded out blue and rocket ships on the footie pajamas stretched around the ankles and lower stomach.

"Now now time for bed Nate you know we have to see the doctor tomorrow for your monthly check up", mama whispered softly and she tucked the blankets warmly around me. She laid a gentle hand on my forehead and kissed me quickly before saying "goodnight" in a light chuckle.

"Goodnight" I'm yawned back as the light slowly faded from my room the familiar creaking of the door put me to bed as the my eyes drifted into darkness.