10 years ago

It was one of the saddest days of my life. My father had just died and all the news and doctors said it was a heart attack. But I knew better I knew my father had been murdered. There was a large crowd while we watched my father be lowered into the ground. There were many tears shed but I did not cry. I remembered what my father had told me, "son if something ever happens to be your are next in line.". At the time I did not know what that meant but after the funeral I did. I was eight at the time but during the meal afterwards a strange man dressed all in black walked up to me. He said "son your daddy told me to give this to you if he ever passed away. Don't read this until you are all alone". I did not see him again for many years. My mother was a wreak and when we finally got home she cried herself to sleep. I retreated into my bedroom and carefully pulled the papers of out of the manilla folder. It said, "son if you are reading this that means I am dead. I want you to know you are part of a very important family and now you are in charge. In side you will find everything you need to run this family. I am very proud of you and I am sorry I left this to you at such a young age. My last request is that you find who killed me and have revenge. Sincerely your father".