1

Prompt: For a love that wants to live I'll give you all I've got to give. So let's try one last time so we never forget
this is still worth fighting
______________________________________

This wasn't the news you were expecting or hoping for. At age 20, and being a very sought after, in the terms of missions and services, and an active kunoichi of the Leaf, it wasn't exactly an opportune time. Of course you were happy, you'd always wanted to see the day where they'd tell you. You just didn't want it under these circumstances. Everything was a mess and falling apart in life right now..and you had no one to blame but yourself.

Time to back track a couple months. Okay, so maybe even a little more than a couple. Let's jump back about three years. You and Naruto were (and still are) the best of friends. Inseparable. Many speculated that there was more to the relationship than you two lead on, but your true friends knew the truth. You were always on missions with him, helping him with his training, or helping his pull pranks on others.

You never really cared for the company of very many, but as long as Naruto was with you, you didn't mind. Guys never really interested you either, not that you noticed, of course you had your crushes, but never really felt like dating. Nor did you notice when men were into you. It was all about helping your best friend.

There was one guy who, after years of pining for you attention, finally got it. Kiba had been trying whatever it took to finally get you to even acknowledge him as more than a friend. It had started Like any other normal day in the Leaf you were with Naruto, sitting behind a tree giggling like two little school girls. Kiba just happened to be your next victim. With a loud thump, and an ouch followed by a dog like whimper, you two jumped from behind the tree to admire your work.

Red paint splattered everywhere and an angry Akamaru and Kiba waiting to attack whoever the culprit was. He paused when he saw you and his anger turned to jealousy, you just didn't see it.

"Really ____?! You were part of this?"

"Haha! Sorry Kiba, but you gotta admit, it was pretty funny! You should have seen the look on your face. Hilarious! Say, Naruto? You can go, I'll hang back here and do some clean up."

With a nod, Naruto took off in search of the one thing he always goes to: Ichiraku. It was after he left that you were face to face with a very agitated (and extremely jealous) Kiba Inuzuka.

"Oh yeah! Oh SO hilarious! Maybe it was funny for you and that blonde jackass! Why the hell do you spend all your time and energy with that dumbass? I know he's your, as well as my, friend, but you know there are other friends out there ____, right?"

"Of course I know there are other friends. I have Shikamaru, Choji, Hinata, Ni (AN: That's my nickname) and TenTen, just to name a few..and my other best friend: you!"

"Well, nice to know I'm just like Naruto in your book!"

"What's you problem? It's like you're obsessed with who I spend my time with! I'm a big girl, I'm perfectly capable of hanging out with whoever I want."

"I don't care who you spend your time with! I...I just wish you spent more with me. I really care about you ___. I've been trying for so long to try and help you see me as more than a friend and all you see is Naruto. I've wanted to go out with you for so long, you just never showed me the the light of day."

It took him placing it black and white in front of you for you to figure it out. Kiba liked you...as more than a friend and you had been unintentionally denying his advances. It made you feel awful because you really had a soft spot for him. You knew what feeling jealous felt like and it hurt, and you had been hurting him for so long.