Cutie pies and Cupcakes

"What do you mean 700 hundred cupcakes?"

"My boss, Mar-Mr. Nightosphere, would like to be ready for his concrete this evening."

"This evening? Does he know how late of a notice that is. For the glory of glob, the day of?" Gumball stopped kneading the dough he was focused on and moved the phone to resign in the other side of his shoulder, cheek pressed on the screen to keep it from falling.

"Can you do it?"

"How much are you offering me for my trouble?" Gumball could bake anything that wasn't even a question. He could most certainly do it.

"Your price."

"1600 dollars, and I'm giving you a good deal." He could charge three dollars for each gourmet cupcake but Gumball didn't think that he would have time for decorations like he wanted. Plus he had to add a little extra for how late of a notice this was.

"Sounds good. I'll email you the address of the venue and I will come in half and hour from now for the payment and will see you later for the concert."

"Before you go. What's his type?"

"Super sweet and perky backside" They said without hesitation.

Gumball stuttered "W-we're talking about cupcakes right?"

"Oh, in that case anything with strawberries or red in it."

"Red velvet cupcakes okay then. You might get a bunch with different colored frosting. I'm just going to have to use whatever I have on such late notice"

"Honestly you're the only bakery he wanted cupcakes from so I'm insanely grateful you agreed."

Gumball would have declined the offer, since it was such late notice, if the client hadn't been so famous. The money fif help sweetne the deal. Though he couldn't deny that it would be good publicity even if he slipped out his bakery a tweet or an instagram photo once he got them.

"Not surprising. I need to get work on to get all of this done. Call me if anything should arise."

Gumball didn't stop his movement, getting out bowls, whisks, cream cartons. He had pre made frosting, for emergency situations like this, that he pulled out from the freezer to defrost. From the freezer frosting, and the materials he had in the shop, he should be able to cover about 500 of them swirl frosting style. His swirl frosting was his signature, he couldn't just abandon quality even if he was pressed for time.

It was only him in the shop right now, it was about 10 o'clock and the show was about 7 o'clock. He needed more staff he called FIona, she said she'd be there soon but but she would have to bring the cat to the shop. Cake, the cat that is, was always welcomed as long as she stayed in the front of the store to attract customers and stay out of the kitchen. Flame said he would help with the baking, he's the only other person besides FIona Gumball let's near his prized ovens (he has a good handle on the heat).

He was pounds deep in dough and frosting by the time he got an hour into it. He had to keep reminding himself why he was doing this.He was doing this for the bakry he told himself. He had to, the market was harsh on a young business owner and he wasn't going to just turn down a good opportunity.

"Ya did BG" Fiona patted his shoulder in congratulations as he closed the last box. There were 14 large boxes filled with 50 cupcakes each. He had never baked so many cupcakes in his life, and his catered at weddings.

He was telling Fiona to load them into the van, she would deliver and Gumball would stay in the shop to clean up. He was in no shape to go anywhere anyway. he was tired and covered in flakes of frosting and smudges of red velvet. He didn't take a break, didn't eat lunch, and hasn't had dinner.