I Love You

(You know what? I decided that this is going to be a one shot. There may or may not be a confession. Idk. Also this is dedicated to my amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and talented girlfriend, Imanotakuandimproud)

A smile.

A quick glance.

A grabbing of the hand.

Things only I would catch. I notice every little thing about the captain. From the way she pronounces her name to how she holds her sword. You could say I know her better than she knows herself.

That sounds creepy, I know. But it's true. I love her. So much. Even if it is unrequited and one sided. But I don't mind. Because as long as she's happy, I'm happy.

--

"Riko." I startled, dropping my bow.

"Yes, captain?" I asked in my usual, cheery tone.

"We have to talk." I let her into my room and we sat across from each other at the small table.

"About?" I still smiled.

"The Figments are splitting up. You have to leave and hide. The Ten Commandments are sealed, so we are unneeded." she said with a straight face.

"I could... I could never leave you, captain!" I cried. She just simply smiled at me.

"I know. That's why I'm leaving you." she got up.

"C-captain, wait!" I yelled when she had almost reached the door.

"Don't follow me, okay?" I sat back down, angered that I could do nothing to disobey her.

"But, I can't bear the thought of you being alone." I said and she smiled again.

"Don't worry about me. Just take care of yourself." she left and I was finally able to get up, but when I ran after her, she was already gone.

--

I had been looking for the captain for five years. I felt empty without her. But when I saw a flash of the blackest hair and followed it. When the girl came to a clearing, I knew it was her. She had changed, but it was my captain.

"Captain!" I cried and ran towards her. She turned towards me with a look of horror on her face as I jumped on her.

She was taller, but that made her more beautiful. "Riko..." she said after I had recovered.

"Yes?" we sat across from each other in the small house I had purchased.

"I told you not to look for me." she said with crossed arms.

"No! You said not to follow you! Are you mad?" I backed away but she sighed.

"No... I'm not mad. Just... I don't know." I laughed at her not being able to say what she was thinking. This often happened to her.

I decided suddenly, that I needed to tell her of my feelings. After five years of not seeing her, I had to tell her.

"I have to tell you something. Something serious." she furrowed her brows. "I've... Been in love with you. Since we met." I looked down. She remained silent. "I know you don't love me back, you even said you think of me as a brother, but I had to tell you. I know you still love him, whoever he is, and will probably never get over him, but that's not important. It was hell for me these last five years, not knowing where you were or if you were alive. I can't live without you, and if you leave again, I might kill myself." when I looked up, I expected the look I had received earlier.

"Idiot." she said before reaching across the table and hugging me. "I know." I shaking wrapped my arms around her as well. "I knew the whole time. And you're right, I won't ever get over Trielin. But don't think I can't love another person. You hear me? I may not have loved you as long as you loved me, but I can try now, okay?" I nodded, tears running down my face.

"Yeah. Okay." she finally let go of me and wiped away tears that were running down my face. "I'm sorry, but... Can I kiss you?" I asked, already knowing her answer would be no.

"Yeah." I almost jumped out of my skin when she said that. I slowly leaned forward and connected our lips.

The feeling of being struck by lightning filled my senses when I kissed her. It was better than I ever imagined.

When we parted, I was so out of breast from the sheer overwhelming power of finally having her as... Well, I don't know what we were.

Then I woke up.

And I remembered.

The captain is married to the Holy Knight Lancelot.

And I knew.

I could never have her.

Not unless he dies.

But I can't kill him.

Because she's happy.

So I'm happy.

But I'm not happy.

I'm sad.

I'm so sad I want to die.

I want her to love me.

But she loves him.

Unrequited love. A feeling I'm all too familiar with.

I love her. So much it hurts.

But she loves him.

I can't do anything about my love. I can't confess.

If I do, everything will change.

If you loved me back Captain, I would be a different person.