Finding something worth fighting for.

Sometimes I wonder why I was even born. I sit on the roof at night and ponder about it. Is it really true that every person on this planet was born to do something, to achieve some goal before they die? Like the people who lose their children at a young age ask why what was their purpose? Maybe it was to make the parents come closer, maybe to see how strong they truly are , Maybe bring them happiness during a dark time. Theres always so many opinions. I met an old man at the park in my old town, I sat and talked with him for several hours we shared stories and different topics ..one which was did everyone really have a purpose in this world. His answer was simple and made no room for argument. Of course we did, if we didn't we wouldn't be living. He said we need motivation something deep within us that keeps us moving until our task or goal was done then we could die peacefully. I looked at him letting his words sink in. "But how do we know what our use is? How do we know we've completed it? How does that explain car crash and accidents?" I asked wondering how his answers would be.

"Easy" he said smiling a small smile. "some needs aren't huge it can be simply talking to a person when they're having a bad day its like a chain reaction that affects more people then just that one person. haven't watched any of those do good commercials? the ones where one person picks up a cup a guy dropped then a woman sees that and decides to hold the door open to a stocking guy carrying boxes, who then helps get a cat out of a tree for and elderly who's grandson then does something?" I nodded yes it does make sense.

He looked at my face smiling his eyes glazing over as if he's just lost himself in his day dream.

"Let me tell you a story Kinnley" looking up in to the sky. "okay mr. Ryans' I said as I got more comfortable on the park bench.

he took a deep breath and started to speak.." I was 17 when I first spotted her, she was beautiful like something out of a magazine or book you'd read. I was walking to my friend brads apartment and she was moving in to the one across from his. I still remember it like it was yesterday.''

.