Chapter 1

Standing in front of the very modern and familiar Music Camp. I walked in, I ran to Chloe giving her a tight hug. We went for breakfast. Chloe and I had planned everything. I took out my Beats while Chloe searched for the song on my laptop. She took out her DJ set and plugged it in. We were jamming when I fell flat on my face with food in my hair. I was pissed off. The music stopped and a crowd gathered around us. I may be a bad girl but no one does that to me.

" I am so sorry,I was talking and bumped into you. In shock I dropped my plate. But no biggie, your hair doesn't look good anyway." he said. I stood stunned. A few people's jaw dropped. It's like he didn't know know who I was. I was Alexis and I had been in camp since four years. I know every student here. Then I looked at him. He had dark brown eyes with blond hair and was not wearing a shirt, clearly showing his six pack. He had a football in his right hand. I looked up at his face to see that he was smirking. " Take a picture! It won't last long!" I was stunned! Who does he think he is?! I looked up and said,"Excuse me! You come here being all cocky, drop food on me and then act like it's all good?" " I am Troy Bolton! Heard the surname before? I used to be your best friend when we were kids, dude. Come on Alexis, come here, you tube light !" Then he grabs me in a tight hug. I feel like there's an electrical wire going trough me when he takes my hand. I pull back immediately " Whoa! Hold it. Troy ! OMG! Hey !! Did you just call me dude ?! You're so dead!" He laughed but then stopped when I threw food back at him. Spaghetti was all over his beautiful and mesmerising blond hair. In no time I was hung over his shoulder while everyone threw food around.

In the end we were laughing so hard when everyone fell silent. A second lather we were on the floor "Ouch" I yelled . The door opened and Mr. Chiron came in, we were so dead.
×---------×
We were lead into Mr. Chiron's office in total silence. Suddenly, the room was filled with noise. It was laughter. Mr. Chiron was actually laughing. " Oh, finally! I guess you two met. What is Camp without fun? I didn't want to miss the food fight, but that doesn't mean you won't get punished. I'm still so happy you are back!" I stood there stunned.

I knew we wouldn't be shouted at but this...? Then Troy finally spoke, "Its such a pleasure being back, sir. Its just like you said. Alexis, we have to have fun. Its Camp." Oh, wow! Now this was all on me. "I should have fun. That's it. I am totally fun, I just like following some rules and not getting punished." I half-shouted. Mr. Chiron looked a bit surprised at my outburst. And then the drama began. Troy and I started arguing.

"She's just so annoying! Can't she just enjoy?!"

"Until he came here, Camp was fun."

And we kept rambling until Mr. Chiron shouted, "Enough! Are you hearing yourself, you guys use to be best friends, you were Alexis and Troy, what happened to you?! You guys never argued. I have had enough. Both of you are seniors and have been hear for ages. You both are going to be roommates, and that's the end of it." Our jaw's dropped. I was fuming but I'm not sure I could say the same about him.

"Mr. Chiron!" I shouted, "I can't live with him! I am a girl and he's a guy. Sir, I can't, we are breaking Camp rules." Then Troy put in a effort, "Sir, I agree. She's right, I'm a guy. And we will be breaking the rules." But Mr. Chiron wasn't going to budge, "Firstly, you two will be together in a room. As for the rules, you're right, but they can be changed. I think you guys need time alone to catch up."

We both sighed. He handed us a key and said, " This is your room. There are two bathrooms. Troy, don't mess with her. Give her some space. As for you, young lady," he said pointing at me,"don't annoy him. I want no repeats of today. Oh, and, after classes be ready to mop up and clean the dishes. I will let you crash the party tonight. Don't look at me like that. I know about everything that goes on here." I was left upset.

Chloe and me had made plans and now they all were cancelled. She was going to be so annoyed. I messaged Chloe telling her about it and giving her my room number. So now we could get ready for the party together.

I walked to the door, opened it and placed all my belongings down where they should be. I plugged my earphones in. These past few days at home had been stressful. I just wished that everything that happened turned out to be a dream. It didn't.

My life was so much easier before. I remember all the time I had with them. We lived with my dad. I was adopted and I called him my Dad. He was nice but had gone through a lot and was in a state of depression. Thankfully there was money so I could pay for everything around. I never realised the door had opened and Troy had come in.

He looks at me a bit shocked. Finally he decides to speak."Hey listen I know that you don't get to spend time with Chloe but no need to cry. I don't bite by the way. Listen I am sorry for what I did. I sorry. I didn't want you to cry...." I didn't realise I had been crying I looked away. He kept rambling until I put my finger on his lips. I ignored the tingly feeling ," No worries it's just that at home thinks have been stressful." Unlike everyone Troy, Chloe ,Zack and Mr. Chiron knew about my past.

Then something unexpected happened Troy hugged me. I stiffed at the hug. The electrical sparks kept flying. He must have realised I was uncomfortable he said " Hey we used to hug all the time." I accepted his hug wrapping my arms around him.

×------------------×

A/N: Hey guys. So I'm Katy and this first book I've ever written. If you have any constructive criticism to share then please do. Please vote, comment and share if you like my book. 

Katy<3

x----------x