Recycle

A long drive down to the Southern end of the country from the northern part of Washington State had exhausted both occupants of an old blue truck. Amy, the youngest of the two, was quiet for the first hour while trying to collect her thoughts. Her old life faded behind her during a reasonably quiet ride.
"Amy, honey, listen, I know it's been rough, but you got to keep your chin up, okay? Can you do that for me?" Her mother spoke, breaking the silence. There was a long pause, and then Amy nodded. "Maybe we can get some flowers and start a garden like Aunt Julie's. I want to start repainting flowers."
Her mother smiled, "Of course, just as soon as we're done unpacking, we'll go out and buy as many seeds as you want. Maybe this time they won't die as easy." They both laughed while reminiscing on their past failure of a garden.
After a while of talking and laughing, Amy's mother turned on the radio and flipped through many different stations till she found one covering some local news about a car accident; the two of them hoped it wouldn't affect their arrival time, though no amount of hope can't stop an eighty thousand pound truck from stopping on a dime, nor did it save anyone involved in the accident. Passing the scene of crusted cars, broken glass, flashing lights, and a large trailer flipped on its side with a broken cab did not make either of them feel better.
Amy's mom felt so much dread wash over her the moment she saw body bags that it made her nauseous.
"I hope they're okay."

yawned and fell asleep. During her slumber, she had a strange dream about an unfamiliar place. She felt a deep sense of danger as she wandered inside her dream.