It's a dark world out there

For a long time now, I have been sitting in total darkness. I can feel the soft fur of Alice. My dog, she's a Dutch Shepard, a former police dog. She's the only family I have now, no siblings and no parents. Just me and her.

I heard her whimper and I rubbed her soft ears. We are currently on a train heading south to a new family, they pity me and decided to take care of me for a while. The train rattled on the train tracks, the seats are soft and cushiony, the people chattered quietly amongst themselves. While Alice and I stuck close by. "You want some cake miss?" He said softly, it sounded like a young man that works on the train. I slowly nodded my head no, he hesitated and said "Are you sure?" Even though I'm starving, I nodded yes. He walked away and asked the same question to somebody else.

Hours later passed by, I carefully got off the train and found a bench close by. "Alice, can you find me some food before we leave?" She barked happily and I grabbed her leash and followed her lead. She was careful about leading me. It feels like the dog is taking me out for a walk, but I don't care, she protects me and I love her and I think she loves me back. As long as we have each other, we won't be lonely again.