Secrets

Secrets

She met this boy, who made her feel special. He told her she was pretty and that he loved her. But when he went away, she started to feel self- conscious about her weight and how she looked. So she began to watch what she ate. But that was a secret.

She felt different, choosing healthier foods. She began to look thinner and feel better. But when she stepped on the scale, nothing had changed. She felt angry at herself, deciding a major change needed to take place. But that was a secret.

She slowly started to shed some pounds, exercising only a bit. She watched what she ate, only just glancing at the amount of calories. She wrote it down, in a diary she still has. Writing these things she wanted to change about herself. But that was a secret.

She exercised more, feeling complete after getting sore. Her diary was in more use now, counting every calorie that she ate. Her friends noticed a change, but said nothing. She weighed herself every night, checking to see her progress. But that was a secret.

She had lost 10 pounds and felt great. But she still needed to lose more. She exercised until she felt weak, and ate less every day. 500 calories was the maximum. This made her feel good. But that was a secret.

She now weighed herself 3 times a day, she couldn’t help it. She was looking thinner, bones appearing. There still was a burning desire to lose more weight. She got angry with herself, if she didn’t lose that extra pound. So she took a razor to her own skin. But that was a secret.

She didn’t know what to do, she couldn’t stop. Her family noticed something was wrong. This wasn’t the girl that they knew and loved. She had been taken away, by the devil inside her. They sat her down, and told her it needed to stop. She promised there would be a change, but deep down she knew there wouldn’t. But that was a secret.

All she wanted to be was perfect. And now, even though she still hates herself, She gains the courage to put a smile on her face, and laugh along with her friends. All these secrets that built up inside her, took away 7 months of her life, trying to be perfect. She is living a normal life again, but will always have that desire to not eat again.

But that’s a secret.