My last Breath, Chapter One

The day was cold, wet, and all together dreary. The thunder cracked and lightning streaked the sky at odd intervals. I was on my way to class, Psychology 1, my very first class to an extremely busy day. I hurried down the rain slicked street, my black jacket soaked through completely.
Finally, the old tall building came into view, Ivy and vines twisting their way around the walls and upward toward the windows; it gave it an almost rustic feel. I hurry inside, relishing in the sound of anxious college students making their way to class.
I make my way to room 231, and begin arranging my desk, the professor smiles at me warmly, "Ms. Blackwell." He greets me. "Good morning Mr. Marks." I say politely in answer as I make my way to the coffee pot in the back of the room, I start a pot of coffee for myself and my peers before taking my place at the front desk.
Fifteen minutes later class is in full swing, and I'm rapidly taking notes from the Smart board, "Great." I hear someone behind me mutter, "Another paper." Whoever it is sighs but falls silent. I am actually quite pleased and rather excited about the topic, "Inside the mind of a Serial Killer." And it was due in two weeks, looks like I had plans for my free period. I finish my notes just as the Bell rings, dismissing me to head to the Library.

~Chapter 2, Beginning my Research ~

I make my way to the huge library on campus, a more modern looking building stands all on it's own off from the courtyard, this is my favorite place here at the university, I loved getting a new book and then sitting under a tall tree here in the courtyard with some music in my ears.
I make my way inside and greet Pam, the librarian, she has long red hair, pale skin, and freckles, with bright green eyes and a killer smile. "Good morning Aria!" She greets me happily, "What are you here for today?" She asked in a friendly tone as she readjusted her glasses. "Research for a paper." I answer and laugh at the face she makes, "Another one?" She says sounding surprised, I nod, "Yeah, apparently Mr. Marks loves to read a bunch of Psychological crap." Pam grins, "Well please tell me the topic is better than the last one?" She asks sounding hopeful.
I can't hide my amusement as I inform her, "Inside the mind of a Serial Killer." She claps her hands and activates a computer for me, "You start here and I'll find you everything we have." And off she went leaving me alone with the newest computer. I quickly pull up Google and start with H. H. Holmes, "America's first Serial Killer."