Chapter 1

It was a Saturday night, my friend Alex invited me to this huge party. Apparently whoever lived here threw major parties when their parents went out for the weekends. The smell of alcohol ran through my nostrils as I walked through the kitchen. My feet being stepped on numerous times, safe to say... too many people were here and I wasn't having fun.

"Wanna drink?" I looked over to see a broad shouldered, blond haired guy offering me something. I don't drink a lot, I almost forgot to respond to him, but Alex beat me to it.

"She's good, thanks." Her fingernails digging into my skin as she pushed me away from him. She frowned, "Most of these drinks are spiked, I want something though. You need to be careful Adds!"

"Let's get out of here then," I told her. We squeezed our way past sweaty, grinding bodies, that I would have found fun if I was intoxicated, but I wasn't.

"I know some friends, there's a pub downtown... we can get an actual drink there, ya?" She asked. I nodded.

When we took a leap outside, fresh air surrounded us. A few boys whistled at us, probably drunk. I suddenly becoming self-concsious looked down to see how I looked. Alex flipped them off, I was always so amused with her confidence. I could never do that. Hell, I've never even gone to second base. Alex and I met a couple of weeks back, at work. She was newly employed and our friendship bloomed from there.

I felt a sudden chill come along as we waited for a taxi. I then realized I was only wearing some light washed high waisted shorts, with a tight cropped top. My long dark hair, covering most of the exposed cleavage shown. These were Alex's clothes, she said I looked good in them... I don't think my mom would ever let me step foot out of the house in these.

***

The ride to the pub was full of mindless chatter, and some laughs along the way. We finally arrived, and right when we walked in she was waved over to her friends. The setting was dark, calmer than the party.

"Hey guys! This is my friend Addie," she gestured to me, smiling. Everyone waved hello, exchanged glances with most and then returned to their own conversations. I sat down in the booth next to Alex.

"So, Addie, I'm Paul," he stuck his hand out from across the booth and I shook it. I noticed his features were very defined, and he was wearing just a leather jacket, which should have made me attracted to him, but I wasn't.

"Tell me about yourself," he smiled. He had a crooked tooth in the front, but otherwise his smile was lovely.

"Well, I-"

"Sorry I'm late guys, I got caught in a little.. problem," he laughed to himself. I noticed his knuckles were a little bloody and swollen as he sat next to Paul in the long booth, no one else seemed to take notice.

It was then when he pulled down his hood, his chestnut hair flopped around into a quiff, and his full dark eyes connected with mine. We both just looked at each other, he wouldn't take his eyes off of me, even when I shifted around on the leather seat that was becoming sticky because of the heat.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, "I'm Addie."

He looked at me, almost looked straight through me I thought. Until he spoke up, "Harry."

Paul and Harry exchanged whispers that I couldn't seem to read through my ears or my eyes. Harry's lips moved really slow in a way I couldn't make out what he was saying.

Paul seemed a bit tense when he said, "You were saying?"

"What?" I looked at him for the first time since Harry walked in.

"Tell me things about yourself."

"Right, I uh-"

"Here are your drinks. Oh, hello can I offer you anything?" The bartender said showing obvious cleavage to Harry. He didn't take much notice in her.

"Yeah, just a beer thanks."

"Addie, I think Harry likes you," Alex whispered, both of us now looking at him. I giggled, shaking my head knowing he didn't like me.

"Alex, what did you say?" He asked, tone serious.

"Oh, nothing! But be careful, ...he plays with a lot of girls," she whispered.

Us four remained in our own conversation, while the others stayed in theirs. Harry slid off his jacket, which exposed me to his many tattoos up and down his arm. I wanted to know what they meant, each and every one of them.

I scanned his face expression, right now it seemed hard. He looked a bit angry, and scary. He was always looking at me.

"You know what I really want now!" Alex half slurred. She had a few drinks, but enough to know she wasn't completely drunk.

"What do you want?" I laughed.

"Ice cream!" she squealed.

We all finally agreed to go to a place down the street that sold ice cream. I got up, standing in between Paul and Harry. Paul hung onto Alex, she needed a little help.

"So what brings you here tonight, Addie?" Harry asks as we enter the chill of the night, walking down the street.

"Ah-uhm Alex invited me," I stumbled to find words. Why was I acting like this?

"How did you two meet?"

"We both work at a gift shop," I responded, "And I guess we became friends from there." I looked up at her ahead of us with Paul, I laughed a bit. They shared a few kisses, I didn't know they were together? "Are they... dating?"

"No, but I know she likes him. I don't know if Paul likes her."

"Oh," is all I could say. I shivered a bit, and he handed me his jacket, I gladly accepted.

People gave Harry scared glances as we walked, I wondered why. I looked ahead, and we lost Paul and Alex. Figured. But I was left alone with Harry... which sort of frightened me... he was tall, built, and... a bit intimidating.

We found a bench to sit on and talked for awhile, exchanged numbers. He was very kind, and it made me wonder why people seemed so judgmental of him.

"Well I'm surprised you're even talking to me," he randomly blurted.

"What? Why?"

"Don't you know...?" He looked confused, as did I.

"Uhm..."

"I don't know if a girl like you, should be around me," he stopped walking, and had his head down.

"But I am, and what are you going to do about it?" I questioned taking a step closer to him.

"I'm only concerned for you," he said backing away slowly.

"Harry, why? I thought we could be friends," I said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"It is, it's just... people around here don't like to be seen with me," he said quietly, playing with his hands.

"What about Alex..?"

"A few exceptions to the people who don't care what anyone else thinks," he smirked a bit.

"Why were you looking at me all night?" I mentally smacked myself, my mouth running faster than my head.

"Well aren't you a bit forward?" He chuckled, and then looked into my brown eyes. I was searching for something, but I didn't find anything. He stood up, and I followed his actions. "Maybe I'm attracted to you."

"What if I'm attracted to you?" I told him, my voice shaking a bit... I had no idea how to be sexy. Remembering what Alex said that he played girls, but I didn't seem to care right this moment.

"I love how you're so innocent," he smirked. "You really don't know, do you?" He asked, stepping closer.

"No, I don't."

Our faces were close, his eyes turned into a deep green. I could feel his breath on me, and I never had this feeling, where my heart sped so fast I think it skipped a beat. And right there, in the dark streets of London, he whispered, "I'm the guy who set his family on fire."