The Cabin And The Joker

I sighed as I felt the plush comfort of the couch hit my back. Looking around at all the empty boxes I almost cried out in frustration. Who knew moving would be this hard. Noted, I didn't have anything when I got here, so I had to go shopping. Yayy, so much fun. (sarcasm)
Although, it's good to be able to take a break from: run, hide, eat, sleep, and repeat. That was my life these past two months. No breaks. It was a run or die type of situation. I take a deep breath and sit up to look at what I will now be calling home. It was a small cabin, but it was enough for now. I was enjoying myself just looking and analyzing my new home, but of course with my luck something had to ruin it.

-Anonymous-
I watched as my pack surrounded the cabin. We had caught the scent of a vampire. How dare they underestimate my authority over this land. They need to learn their place as the scum of this world.
"Alpha? Do you want us to start moving in?" I look to my right to see my beta looking at me with a questioning gaze.
"Are you okay Alpha?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.
"I'm fine. Let's wait it out. I have a feeling something's going to happen." I told him as I saw the door to the cabin start to open.
-Arienne-
I stopped my gazing when I hear a rustling outside my new found home. I start to walk towards the window, but stop short as a scent catches my attention. Werewolves. An entire pack of them. Outside the front of my cabin. The scent was strong, so I knew that there were close to 200 hundred wolves outside. But one scent stood out among the rest. The scent was intoxicating. Something was pulling me towards the scent but I couldn't go to it. It was combined with the scent of the wolves. And if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that wolves have no mercy. I would know. So instead of venturing into the death trap I knew was out there, I decided to check the back door. If they have most of their pack out in the front I should be able distract a few lone wolves long enough to escape.
I started walking to the back door. Praying to the gods above that there was a chance of my survival. Turns out that the gods want me to live another day, cause the idiots forgot to cover the back door. Not that I'm complaining. Their mistake helped lengthen my life. Which is all I have left. I didn't want to stay here for too long jut in case they realised their mistake and came to fix it, killing me in the process. So I set out to run for my life. But, if I just start running then eventually they'll smell my scent and come after me. Of course, I am faster than them. I just don't want to take that chance. I don't have enough strength to fight off 3 wolves, let alone a whole pack of them. I needed a distraction, and I have the perfect idea in mind.

-Anonymous-
The doorway was empty. There was nothing there, except for a box.
''Alpha, There's a box...'' My beta said. Looking at the box laid out in the doorway.
''I see that James. I'm not blind.'' I growled out.
''Are we gonna go-''
'' No James. We're gonna stand here and wait until the box decides it wants to meet us.''
''Are you sure Alpha?''
'' God dammit James just go get the damn box.'' I say turning to meet his eyes.
''Okay, no need to be an ass about it. I'll get the box, as long as you lose the damn attitude.'' He mumbled as he started to head towards the cabin.
''You should speak up next time James! I couldn't really hear that. Mind saying it again?'' I yelled after him.
''I think I'm good Alpha! Thanks!'' He laughed as he came upon the box. A few pack members were looking towards the box with curiosity and confusion. I just wanted to know why there was a box and no vampire. I lost my chain of thought as I looked back to James and saw the expression his face held. He looked livid. The only question is why.
''Aye!! Jamey boy!! You alright?'' I yelled, worry settling itself onto my face.
''You may wanna see this Alpha.'' He called back to me. I started my trek towards him wondering what on Earth would make him react like this. James doesn't get like this easily, so whatever it is. My questioning stopped as my eyes settled on what was inside the box. This is unbelievable.

A/N:
This is one of our first books so it isn't the best, but we hope you still enjoyed it, and we hope that you'll stay long enough to see the book progress.
-Heaven&Esmeralda

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!! WE'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!