Over A Car

Laney stretched herself on the couch, Grojband was supposed to be practicing for a gig, but this morning a magazine came in and Kin and Kon had been looking at it all day.

"Dang, she's hot!" Kon shouted annoyingly. Kin nodded in agreement.

"She don't look bad at all." Kin agreed.

Laney was slightly appalled. They never looked at girls and said that.

Well, at least Corey's isn't in on it, I guess.

"Hey guys!" Corey said as he came into view. "What are ya two looking at?"

"See for yourself!" Kon said. "You'll be amazed."

Corey shrugged and came over, his eyes widened and his jaws dropped. Laney looked stressed out at his reaction.

Please don't say anything!

"Woowww." Corey said in amazement.

Laney felt her heart hurt and she got up and left. To her sadness, not even Corey noticed her departure.

The Next Day Transition!

Laney's heartache had been replaced with a sharp pang of envy that had swelled in her heart.

I need to impress Corey, perhaps...

No, my mother told me to be myself...but what if that isn't enough?

Laney got in her usual clothes and left to the Garage in hopes that Corey was focused on something else...like her.

Boy, was she wrong.

The magazine was sitting on the counter, reassuring Laney for a moment. That is till she overheard them.

"When I'm legal age, I'm gonna get her." Kon said. "You can share her with me though Kin."

Laney barfed a little in her mouth.

"I'd drive her all night long." Corey said with a smirk.

"COREY!" Laney snapped.

Corey's head tilted toward her and he got up and threw his arm around her.

"Lanes!" Corey said in a cheerful tone. "We were just talking about-"

"I know what you guys were talking about." Laney muttered. "We need to practice and find out how to make Trina go diary before we head to the place!"

"I know, I know" Corey muttered, "But you totally should have seen her, Lanes."

Laney looked down and sniffed.

"But I thought you loved me..." Laney whispered.

"What?" Corey said.

"Nothing!" Laney quickly said, "Let's practice."

They practiced. Corey decided to use one of their old songs instead.

They finished on a good note and Kin and Kon went to search for snacks while Corey and Laney stood in front of each other.

Corey's POV Transition!

Wow, she look's so pretty staring back at me.

Almost as pretty as that-

"Core." Laney said. I blinked out of my thoughts and tilted my head. "Yes?"

"What were you guys looking at?" My Lanes asked.

Oh, well, I guess she might be interested.

"Let me show you." I said.

I pulled over the magazine from the counter and changed it to the page.