Toy Solider

Alexander DeMoss was a shy and quiet eight year old boy. Not out-going, crazy and immature like all the other boys his age at school. Alexander was different. In simple terms, he was a loner. But, Alexander did want friends, and he did want to fit in. It wasn't a priority for him, he enjoyed being alone, it didnt bother him. It allowed him to think, imagine and be in world of his own. Somewhere that made him happy.

One of Alexanders favourite places was the park across the street from his house, his parents allowed him there alone because they had a clear view of him from their home. Alexander loved the swings the most, even when he wasn't swinging, just sitting there in the park made him completly happy, even though it wouldn't change anything.

Today, sitting on that swing was about to change Alexanders life forever.

It was a crisp autumn day, the wind was blowing softly Alexander loved this weather best, it calmed him. It was one of the few things that truely made him happy. As most days the park was empty expect for him.

Most people would find this old empty park, with a cold metal slide, rusted chains on the swings and only kid ever there, scary and odd. But Alexander loved it, when the park was like this, he found it perfect, amazing and just.... Calming.

For the first time ever, another kid arrived at the park. A young girl that looked about Alexanders age, the young girl had careful, pale Ivory skin, shining blue eyes, and bouncy ringlettes of soft brunette hair. Alexander felt an immedite attraction to her, nothing romantic. Just something about her......

The young girl approached Alexander, gripping something in her small fist smiling at him.

"Here..." She whispered, picking up his hand with her free one, dropping the object that she was holding in his palm, closing his hand before Alexander got a chance to see it.

The girl looked him in the eyes, smiling, as if by giving him the unknown object had completed her life forever.

With a small squeeze of his hand, the mystery girl turned on her heels and skipped off. Alexander looked down at his hand, still not opening his hand. Watching the girl until she was out of sight before opening his palm. In his hand was a toy solider.

Ever since that day, Alexander was more outgoing and has made life long friends. Now, hes married.

"Alex! Do you want this box?" Alexanders new wife, Sarafine called. Alex jogged into the room, a few paint stains on his face, as he was just painting the kitchen before they moved out.

"Lets see whats in it..." Alex said, opening the box. Taking out many useless things such as old knick knacks and other stuff he no longer cared about. Searching around the box, he came across the Toy Solider that the mystery girl handed him that day. Slowly, he reached in, taking the small toy solider into his hand, holding it carefully. 

Sarafine looked over his shoulder and looked at the Solider curiously.

"Thats weird..." She said, examining it with her eyes.

"Whats weird?" Alex asked her, carefully handing her the solider.

"When I was eight, there was this boy alone at a park... A gave him a Solider just like this."

Sarafine was the mystery girl.

She was Alexanders saviour.

That Toy Solider became a family treasure.