Prologue

The Monster Labyrinth was a series of twisting tunnels and caves and ravins that ran throughout the ground. If you got lost in them, good luck because you're never going to see daylight or moon light or any other sort of light besides torch light again. Ever.

Steve hurried through a tunnel, his mind a whir of worries

Your not lost, okay Steve? This is where you came in. You turned left, then left again, then right, then...

The horrifying truth formed in his mind. He was trapped. Lost. Stuck in the Labyrinth  of Death, some people called it. But the worst part was that Steve wasn't alone. And he knew it. Everyone did. From the villagers to the farm pets to the wild animals in the forests, everyone knew that inside these network of caves, were monsters.

Yeah, yeah sure, the zombies and skeletons and giant spiders, ooooh very scary. Wait until they're up in your nose gnawing your face off. But not just those, there are other types of creatures too.

Ones that could explode and not die, ones that could teleport and sense you just by you looking at them, ones that swim in the ocean with whipping tails and flashing spikes.

This was a world were you don't want to mess up in. You mess up, you get killed. Violently.

Then Steve saw something up ahead.

It was a cavern. A big one. His body collapsing with relief, Steve surged toward the  opening, gripping his sword and pick axe tightly.

He scrambled up into the cavern and looked around. Stone, stone, stone and more stone. But it wasn't a dark tunnel now, which made Steve feel more grateful then he ever had in his entire life.

But then he heard a shuffle of rocks shifting. He froze in fear. Was there something behind him? A monster? Or was it just a bat? That's it. Maybe it was just a bat flapping about in a cave behind the wall behind him. That could be it... Right?

Without waiting to find out he sprinting forward, dashing out of the cavern and into another tunnel.

A pair of black, blue and purple eyes watched him go, eyes narrowed.

Steve glanced behind him after he'd run for a few minutes. That was horrible, he thought. The feeling that he was being watched send shivers of terror down his spine.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and took out his pick axe. He mined up a piece of stone when he felt the ground below his feet giving way. Was it an earthquake? Was the cave going to collapse? Then he realised it was just him sliding down the hole he'd just made with his pick.

With a yelp, he tumbled through the hole onto the stone below, landing in an awkward position. He lay there for a second, panting, before heaving himself up with a groan. He rubbed the back of his head, gritting his teeth. He glared at the wall that he'd hit his head on, as if saying Damn you, why did you have to get in my road?

Sighing, Steve stood up and stumbled forward a few paces before realising that the feeling of someone watching him was still stuck on his skin like wool on a sheep. He shuddered and walked faster when he spotted something else up ahead.

It was day light. Not a fake torch light, daylight.

Overjoyed, Steve hurriedly headed for the exit of the Monster Labyrinth.

But eyes were still watching him.

A shadow of a head peeked around the corner, watching the miner leave through narrowed, black eyes. It held a bow in one hand and a quiver on its back rustled with arrows as it slipped back into the darkness.

Soooo... Hi whoever reads this!
I really, really hoped you enjoyed my first Chapter (or Prologue) of Supernatural Mobs! It may suck now but I promise I'll try to make it as exciting and dramatic as I can! Please share my work around if you can, I'm new to Wattpad and don't have any followers. It'd be awesome to get some after people read this book.
Anyway, again, hope you enjoyed. :)

-Nightshade