Short story

I am walking on the bridge , looking in the pond where the different kinds of fishes freely swims. The green grass and bushes , tall and big trees , different kinds of flowers with different colors where the butterflies  sip their necktar. This place is so beautiful , so peaceful and no word can explain the feeling when your in this beautiful butterfly garden , there's no place like this, it's so unreal.

As I was enjoying the view and scenery , I heard a rustling sound coming from behind the big acacia tree. As I slowly approach the acacia tree , I notice big footprints. Its from a person.

"There's no one else here but me." I thought to myself.

As I went closer to the tree I saw a tall man standing , his wearing an all black formal attire. When the man turn around , I saw his pretty face. His mischievous and so mysterious. I can see his dark aura surrounding him and his looking at me furiously.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Luke" he shortly answered.

"Hi! My names Kathy!" I cheerfully replied to him , and waiting for his respond but instead he just nod and said "I know".

That put my curiosity on , so I asked him random question and random stuff , he threw back my question to me , and when I answered , he will just say "likewise". I continued talking and talking to him but he rarely answered my questions. I just notice that he just stood up and walk away without saying any word or goodbye.

Days had past , or so i couldn't even notice the time pass by. More likely , it looks like this place doesn't have a night cause I don't even notice that the day went down. It felt so alone , unlike before even though Luke didn't talk to me that much , atleast I know that I'm not alone in this place.

As I was strolling around , this place seem to bring me happiness but I felt the emptiness and loneliness. I went to the pond , and I heard a sob of a little girl. The sob went loud , and I heard it says "Mommy, please wake-up don't live us, don't live me and daddy." and the sob continuously went loud and it deafens me , and at the same time I felt something strange on my chest. And a tear fell off my cheek.

I saw Luke , and his looking furiously at me. I went close to him and said "Where am I?" "Who are you?" "What are you?" . As I ask those questions while I tremble , I saw his face slowly changing and it turn into all black , his eyes went bloody red , his hands has sharp and long nails. And that put me into a conclusion that he is not a human.

I ran as fast as I could , but there's something that is pulling me back.

(Nathan's Point of View)

I'm holding her hand so tight. I am looking at her face , the face of my wife who is in a comma for almost six months now. The doctor and any medical specialist doesn't now the reason for her situation. Even our family stop hoping that she will wake up. They all told me that I should stop the medication and her life support. But I just can't , I love her so much.

One morning she was just sleeping , and I thought that she was just tired from all of her office work , so I did her every morning rituals. Cook food for us , prepare us breakfast. After that I went upstairs and call her and our daughter Kyrene to have breakfast , but she didn't answer me , so I went in our bedroom to wake her up but she just wouldn't wake up. I tickled her thinking that he will wake up but I failed

As I recall that morning a tear fell off my cheek and I silently prayed.

"Please , dear God help us surpass this trial." "Please , help her to wake up"

(Kathy's Point of View)

No matter how fast I ran , something is pulling me back and stopping me from running. "You are mine!" "Your soul is mine!" I heard him say. And his laughter was horrible and scary. I saw vision of me with a little girl and a man. And I felt love. I saw some pieces of pictures on my mind. And it's like a puzzle that slowly being complete. I thought that this place is not real.

I'm scared and I'm shaking. I don't know what else to do. So I close my eyes and I silently prayed. "Help me. Dear God , I know you can hear me , please help me , sent me away from harm." "My family still needs me." "I love them and I don't want to live them." As I said those prayer and continue running , I saw a light , white light. I stop from running and turn back. I saw the whole place went into black and its like a mirror it crack and broke. I ran towards the white light , and everything went dark.

"Tit! Tit! Tit!"

I slowly open my eyes and look around me. I saw a figure of a man napping beside my hospital bed. And then i knew that's its my husband. I poke his head , as he move and woke up , he look at me and muttered "I'm probably dreaming." Then he went back to his sleep. So I pulled his hair. "Aaaah! Who did that?" that made me laugh a bit. He look at me with amusement. I smiled at him at he cheerfully says "your awake!" and he hurriedly called the doctor to check me.

Now that I am awake. I promise to myself that I will put more my attention to my family and loved once. And put my faith to god whose given me another chapter of my life.