Part 1

His breathing was uneven as he turned a sharp corner into a dark abandoned alleyway. The chilly wind brought goosebumps to the little exposed skin on the side of his neck, giving him another reason to shiver other than the new found fear.

Voices could be heard, from not so far away. Dread of what will happen next began to sink in.

"He went this way." A deep heavy voice bellowed from just a few feet away.

At that moment - right there - he knew he had no chance of living any longer.

This isn't the normal cliche type of story; there was never supposed to be a happy ending. Most tales have one, a happy ending. He didn't want one; he thought they were over rated ever since they died. He began to believe that if they never got one he wouldn't have one either.

However, right now,leaning against the cold brick wall in the dark; hearing the voice of the man, he now, after a few hours of the new fears; he wasn't so sure he was ready to not have a happy ending.

The way he got into the mess was easy, he made sure there was no escape. Now, at this moment he wished he could find a loop hole somewhere in the plan. He wants a way out.

He looked to his right, where the alleyway seemed to go on forever. His eyes narrow in concentration. He saw something, no someone - standing there in the same darkness, he found what could be his chance. The problem was he had to catch her before she left.

He didn't exactly know her. He had seen her around school. He didn't know much about her but she was now standing facing him with a dark hoodie, just like his, however she had paint stains around the sleeves.

He knew she saw what happened. He knew she could help, but not exactly how...