Chapter 1

The music could be heard from outside. A constant beat of a drum that was soo loud that it went through you.

The room was crowded. Some faces were familiar, others I had only laid eyes on for the first time.

The first place I went to was the kitchen, were drinks were usually found at house parties.

Tonight was about forgetting. Forgetting her, forgetting her touch, her smile, her humour, her kisses.

Tonight was the first time I had felt free and not trapped in a motionless mess.

With a drink in hand, I decided to head towards the origin of the beats.

The night was still young, or should I say the people, as the room was filled with minors, including myself.

I shouldn't really be here, but I was invited, so why the hell not?

The speakers were blasting out a tune I had only heard sections of before. But the beat was contagious and so was this incredible liquor. The sweetness of it was something I wasn't use to, but I could if I tried and I really wanted to try. Try to get over her.

My body picked up the rhythm and I lost control as the song took control of my body.

Soon someone was grinding against me. I didn't turn around to see who it was, instead I just let them. I mean why should I care? They obviously didn't.

I looked down at my solo cup and realised that it was empty.

With a sigh, I turned around to face the person who had been grinding on me.

The red cup fell to the floor.

Her long, pastel purple hair was been thrown side to side, as her body moved sexily to the music.

Her icy, pale blue eyes met with mine and she instantly stopped dancing and just stared at me.

Of all the people I could have met on this night, I met Gwen Mills.