Shark Attack

Part 1: Ellie's POV

It was a hot summers day in Medhufushi, in the Maldives, and my family, my best friend Sarah and I, were lounging around next to the pool.

We had won our trip to the Maldives in a Capital Radio competition and in a couple of days time, we had the opportunity to swim with sharks. My two younger sisters weren't keen, but Sarah and I were screaming with excitement.

The sea was an aqua colour and the sand was a lovely feel beneath your feet. It was Paradise.

We had been here for a week already and we had swum with dolphins, turtles, squid and the most amazing tropical fish. We had been snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing around the beautiful islands which made up the Maldives.

The competition to arrive here was quite easy. All you had to do was pick the place you wanted to go to in all the world and say why you wanted to go there. We were amazingly lucky to be picked out of the thousands of other people who also entered the competition. You were allowed to bring 5 other friends or family. I brought my mum, dad and two sisters. Realising that I had one person left, me and Sarah begged our parents to be able to bring her along. And here we are now with nice tans and about 50 mosquito bites.

The whole week so far had been incredible and we were sad to think that we only had 1 and a half weeks left.