Chapter one: Just stupid.

(She's just a really good writer so follow that child)

Stupid train. Stupid mum. Stupid Manchester. Why does Manchester have to exist? Why do trains exist? The world would be simpler if we didn't have these bloody death machines on rails. Who does mum think she is, my mother? 

"Oh, Marie she is your mummy. She's a wonderful mummy and you know it. She's only doing what's best for you."He whispered.

I looked up , straight into his brilliant green eyes, then he was next to me. He looked at me with his wide green eyes.I could feel them burning holes into the side of my head. If only he didn't exist, maybe mum wouldn't have sent me to Manchester.

" You don't want me to exist?" His lower lip started trembling. 

Oh god, here we go again. We've been over this many times before haz. Just because I think something doesn't mean that I meant it. He started sniffling. A tear rolled down his cheek.

" Marie why don't you talk to me in public anymore?" He sobbed.

"You know why!" All of the other passengers suddenly whipped their heads around and stared at me. Shit, had I said that out loud. Thinking fast I mouthed blue-tooth. They took my excuse without even questioning it and turned back around.

 I shot him a glare once the other passengers weren't looking, He just smirked at me, knowing that he'd succeeded in royally pissing me off. As only hazza could do this to me. Little weirdo, you'll pay for that. His eyes widened and he shook his head furiously.

"Please no I promise not to do it again!" He wailed. Tears starting to stream down his eight year old face."Please don't shut me out again. I was so lonely last time. You promised not to do it again. You promised!"

I just ignored him, pulled my phone and and earbudsout and started listening tomy music. I started to drift off into my own little bubble, staring out the train window, watching the scenery. Hazza was still blubbering in the seat across from me, he just carried on as if I were paying attention.

My mind drifted to the day mum told me to get serious. We were sitting in the park and I was talking to hazza like I usually did.

" Marie! Stop talking to it, your just going to make yourself look like a schizo. We-" She scolded, but I cut her off.

We don't need what mother?" I spat. " We are not the ones being stared at when their daughter talks to her best friend! You are! Leave me alone! Don't you think I'd stop talking to him if I could? You think I enjoy having people talk behind my back ? I just... I just need hazza. I can't explain it but ever since we were in that car accident back in '03, he's been there for me. I know it wasn't the easiest time, 'cause I lost my memory and you had just divorced dad, but he was there. You just need to leave me alone. Either Hazza stays or I go. " 

She gave me this look of relief, like she was happy. She started mumbling to herself for what seemed like ages, finally she looked up. 

"Marie," she said softly. " I think it's time you move out and go to uni. You need to get serious with your life."

I couldn't believe it she wanted me gone, the ground under my feet started to disappear. My throat started to close up. My eyes started stinging, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. My face was starting to get hot and blotchy, soon I was blubbering like a two year old. I hadn't actually meant it, I didn't want to leave,not yet. 

"No," I whimpered.

She took my face in her hands, they were so cold, and made me look her in the eyes. I searched her eyes for a sign of remorse but there wasn't even a drop only a flicker of joy. How joyfull she was to get rid of me. 

"We all knew this day would come." She said. It wasn't her voice though, it wasn't the voice I had grown accustomed to. No, it was a voice devoid of any emotion, like she was cutting the last string that attached me to her. The last string that made her  my mum.

In that moment I saw her as every one else did. I saw the bags under steely grey eyes that I'd inherited. I saw the loose strands of mousy brown hair that fell from her bun, luckily I'd gotten my dad's auburn hair. Her plump lips that formed a straight line giving her a cruel face, sadly I hadn't gotten her lips instead I had thin lips. I could see the unhealthy look of her bones jutting out making her look like a living skeleton. Her translucent skin that was sprinkled with freckles,tainted with blue and purple veins, it wouldn't tan only burn. I'd also received her skin sadly.

She didn't look like a mother, she didn't have motherly curves that came from bearing children. No, she looked like a statue. With her no nonsense attitude she had towards me and my brother , she never really was motherly. She treated us like burdens that had been forced upon her.

Suddenly I realized she had been speaking while I had been lost in her appearance. She had said that I could move to Manchester, she knew of a building with multiple vacancy's, also that she'd pay the bills for my flat. I could enroll in University of Manchester , major in politics hopefully that would straighten me out.

That is how I ended up on the train to Manchester.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, pulling me out of my little bubble of music. 

" Miss it's your stop. The women who brought you her gave me specific instructions to insure you didn't miss your stop." How clever mum, making sure that you actually are rid of me.

The train attendant stared down at me, I noticed the fading streak of purple in her hair. She couldn't have been older then twenty-five, She handed me an envelope that was sealed and quite heavy. I got up and reached for the compartment above me pulling down my two suitcases. I pulled off my  earbuds and shoved them, along with the envelope in the bag that had been next to me through out the train ride. I slipped on the bag and started walking down the aisle pulling the suitcases behind me. 

Once I finally got out of the station I hailed a cab, this took me forever but I finally caught ones attention. The driver opened the boot for me and helped me put my suitcases in.

"Cheetham Hill Road, The Green Quarter." I read off the messy scrawl that mum had written on the back of my hand to the cab driver. The ride was relatively short and the driver didn't attempt to talk to me. Thank god, I couldn't handle being in a conversation with a living breathing person right now. I paid the man, nodded my head in thanks and got my stuff from the boot.

I finally looked at where I'd be living for the next year. It was alright, but it wasn't home