An Array

The fine spring morning breeze ruffled the young child's hair as she walked down the ally way. Crane Town had many options for looting and Lucy wanted to check every nook and cranny. Suddenly, a sharp pain erupted from her neck. The sight of a syringe entered her brain before she collapsed, unconscious. Agony spread through her gut as she awoke. Looking around, Lucy spotted 3 men and an array of tools in front of her. She tried reaching to them but was abruptly stopped by her restraints. Her breathing sped and she looked around the room frantically. One of the men stepped forwards, facing her. A smirk spread on his face "So helpless", he spoke with a light Russian accent. He looked back to the other man, looking back to her with a chuckle. Lucy wiggled uselessly in her bindings. No restraints would be on her head.

She looked into the man's eyes, he seemed so... Power driven, Lucy's life and body were in his hands and he knew it. He knew that she was all his. Lucy took one look and opened her mouth, letting out a deafening scream. The man staggered and grabbed his ears. He looked up at her stepped forwards. A fist (the man's) socked her in the jaw. She shrieked, her head being whipped to the side. "Shut up, you stupid little girl" he snarled, "you'll be lucky when and if I decide not to kill you". The first man looked back and spoke with a malicious tone "Who's going first?". One of them stepped forwards, he had short brown hair and a twisted smile on his face. Picking up a knife in his hands he spoke "We're going to have fun with you, dolly".

He snickered as he sliced the knife across her open gut. Now, she realised the earlier pain; her gut was scraped, most likely from her being dragged. Lucy shrieked in agony, squirming. The man cut a smile into her gut. Lucy let out a loud sob. The man looked up, a frown spreading on his face. "Now, now... Don't cry, child. For the fun has only begun!". Their faces leveled and he observed hers. Suddenly, she slammed her head forwards, headbutting the man. He staggered, furious. He turned and gestured to the third man to come over. He and the first man had been watching the entire time. The second man grabbed a pair of scissors, handing it to the third. "Cut her hair off." he demanded. The third man looked young, about 18. He nodded and began snipping away at her long curly brown locks.

Once she had been balded, Lucy sobbed again, harder. Tears streamed down her face. The first man stepped forwards, facing her. "Don't cry, smile, you're so pretty when you-" he snatched a knife, "Smile." he finished the sentence as he began carving a smile into her face. When finished he carved 'SandSharks' on her thigh. She lost consciousness again. Waking up in the same ally, Lucy lay, bleeding and bruised.

1 year later.....

By now she was 11. Lucy smiled maliciously at the men tied up before her. 3 of them. One looked around frantically. He spoke with a Russian accent "Wh-What the hell?". Another looked at him, his short brown hair filled with grease. He spoke with a raspy voice "What happened?". The last one didn't speak but he looked around, his young facial feature turning pale as he caught sight of Lucy. Lucy kicked a table with an array of tools forwards, its wheels spinning when it moved. She picked up a small razor, turning to the Russian. Razor in hand she walked to him. Taking a big wad of his hair she tilted his face to hers. She leaned in, a smile carved on her face along with her very own. She slammed his face into her knee. She raised his face again. She began carving a smile into his face. She finished, dropping him. He shrieked in pain, writhing on the ground. She turned to the next man, continuing until they were all smiling permanently. She turned back to the array of tools. Her small voice pierced the air "You won't be given the same 'Mercy' as I was". She turned back to them, a butcher knife in hand, and a crooked smile spreading on her face.