The End

Prologue.

"Salazar, Sabrina Lily G., Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management", one of my professor announced. There, that's me. It's my turn to go upstage to receive my diploma and medal. Four years of efforts from college has been paid off. I should be happy, right?

The commencement exercise has finally ended. Graduates, cliche as it may seem, threw their graduation caps in the air. I'm not included, of course. Why would I? It would be a mess finding my cap among those. A happy night indeed. Not at all for me.

I was about to exit the hall when my bestfriend, Ash rushes and finds her way to me while shouting my full name.

"Sabrina Lily!!!!!!" She's trying hard to catch her breath but still her face shows how happy she is right now.

"Seriously Ash? I think it's okay for you to call me Sab. I won't hold grudge. Promise." I shouted as we walk though the corridor full of people. We're literally shouting.

"Whatever. haha. Anyway, Congratulations to both of us!" She greeted and hugged me. Her smile not fading away. not a bit.

"You're too happy Ash. Your face is  gonna tear apart in a few moment." I commented.

"Why should we not be happy? I mean, We're graduates. To add more Sab, we're both hired at the same company. We'll be having fun for sure. Are you not excited? We have what we planned since our first year here', she said.

"Ahmm, a-about that." I began to stutter. I can't look straight through her eyes. It's true we had it all planned. I'm happy about the results but something's not right. I think I had a change of heart. I have told my parents about my decision and they are happy for me. But my bestfriend isn't aware of it. I haven't told her what's going on lately. Now, she's giving me a confused look. And realization hit her. We took a seat on a bleacher in the soccer field.

" Don't tell me you're backing out", she asked with sadness in her voice.

"No, I won't tell you." I tried to lighten the situation

"Sabrina Lily. It's no time for joke." Now, there's seriousness on her voice.

" It's not that I'm backing out of our plan because I chickened out." She did not speak, so I continued. "Promise me you won't get mad."

"I'll try not to." But I know she didn't mean that. I know my bestfriend, but still, I beg.

"Ash please?"

"Okay. I promise. Tell me, what's going on?"

I did not speak. Instead, I started looking around to show her. and I found what i was looking for. I turned her head to the direction where a guy was seating in the grass beneath the shade of a tree while reading a book. He was dressed in all white. White uniform and white shoes. I turned to Ash and shock was sketched on her face.

" Don't tell me..?!"

"Yes Ash! I will." I said with conviction.

I'm determined to be one. A doctor. 

How did it happen? You'll know very soon.

This is the end of my tourism life. A new chapter is about to begin.