Chapter 1

Alex was carrying her groceries, when she saw him at the corner of her apartment building. Him. He was like an angel, for only those who descended from heaven could carry such beauty. Every motion he performed was seemingly perfect, from the way the corner of his mouth raised slightly at his phone to the way he lightly swayed his arms. Even the most miniscule of movements was an elaborate performance to her.

She continued to stare at him from across the street, not only dazed by his incredible beauty, but feeling thousands of invisible strings between them both. He turned in her direction and caught her staring, making brief, yet intense, period of eye contact before he loosened up and playfully winked, turning away toward his building. Alex blushed furiously and turned away, hurrying into her building. Fumbling for her keys, she clumsily opened the door and quickly closed it shut behind her. Safely inside her apartment, she leaned against the wall to support herself, and slowly lowered herself down to the ground, setting the groceries on the floor next to her. She replayed the encounter in her head over and over, getting dizzy with a strange feeling that she'd never felt before. It gave her a sort of warm shiver all over her body whenever she thought of him. "Is this what love was like," she wondered. She had only seen him, and yet such a strange, wonderful feeling arose, and she couldn't help but think, "Is he 'the one'?"

She managed to clumsily make her way to her bed, plopping down face up with her hair in her eyes, not taking the usual time to ensconce herself. She halfheartedly attempted to blow the small bangs that were in her eyes, the ones she typically hated having any sort of place near her vision, easily giving up. Most of her attention was on "Him." Both mind and heart were intensely at work, constructing extravagant scenarios from her feelings, in which ironically placed even more feelings of longing and happiness back into the streaming cycle of tantalizing infinite thought.