Chapter 1- Even though You're this Close to Me...

Jurina's P.O.V.

I biked down the usual rode. It was senior year, our last year together. I wanted to make the most of it. I ran into Senaka High, bursting with energy, as usual. It was what I did to hide my sadness. I immediately spotted my dense and somehow smart best friend Mayu. "Yo Mayu!" I exclaimed running towards him. He grinned at me and we did our usual handshake. "Hey man." he says. He seems tired and a bit frustrated. I laughed. Ms. Watanabe was probably pushing him on getting a girl friend. From my mischievous smirk I can tell he knew what I was thinking. He scowled at me and I laughed. We knew each other so well. "Wanna prank some girls with me bro?" I asked excited. He rolled his eyes.
"Give me a break dude my mom will not shutup with girls so I'm kinda like regretting their existence." he said pushing me away playfully. I chuckled. "Aw that's rough. I love pranking Rena. She's so cute but so seriousssss." I said. "You go do that while I regret their existence." he said. Then Kashiwagi Yuki walked inside. "You're not regretting Yuki-chan's existence right?" Jurina asked nudging my shoulder. "Shutup man and go prank Rena. I gotta talk to Yuu-chan." he said pushing me towards Rena and walking towards Yuki. Oh the lover boy's got it bad! I will totally tease him about it later. I realized that Iowa's on top of Rena and we were in an awkward position. I chuckled at her cute little beet red face. Then it hit me. "Oh uh sorry Rena-chan." I said scratching the back of my head while I got up. I extended my hand for her to take it. She grasped it and got up smiling at me gratefully. "It's no problem at all. Hontou ni. You and Mayu are always teasing each other." she smiled. When she smiled a little skin around her eyes crinkled. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. "I will kill him later." I said glaring at him from a distance. She giggled. My frown automatically turned into a smile. "Well let those lovebirds be. They need each other you know." she smiled glancing at Mayu and Yuki. I stupidly grinned while looking at her petite figure. I probably looked like my mom drugged me with candy. Keep candy away from me. I'm serious. "Hai. Hai. Just like you and me." I smiled. Her while face turned red. "D-Don't say things like that!" she said blushing I laughed. She pouted. The cutest. "Hey we're gonna be late for Maths!" I said trying not to laugh. "EHH!?! Jurina-kun let's hurry! Ikimashou!" 0she said picking up all the books she dropped. I laughed uncontrollably as she glared at me. "Mou Jurina." she said glaring at me. I laughed amusedly at her. There was nothing like her emotions. She smiled shyly. Suddenly my girlfriend Takayanagi Akane comes up to me and hugs me. "Jurina-kun I've missed you!" she said smiling and attacking me. I just laughed. Rena looked a bit hurt but quickly covered it with a smile. Why? "Hello Churi. I hope you had a great summer. We'll talk later okay? I have to head to class." she said. And with that she left. For some reason I wanted to go after her. Don't get me wrong, I love Churi but I don't think I was really attracted to her much. There was something about Rena that was different from other girls, even Churi. She was always calm and she understood me. She was so intellectual and so smart, she literally taught me every time we talked. She was exciting to be with and she kept me on my toes. Churi wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed my cheek. "See you in class! You want to go out later?" she asked with a daring smile. I smiled back. "Of course. Ja nee." She skipped happily to class and I just stared after her. My heart felt empty. Churi was every guy's dream. Pretty, popular, friendly. But I don't think I was romantically attached to her like I was last year. Meeting Rena changed everything. She was the total opposite of Churi but somehow, she excited me more. Even though you're this close to me... Is this real? Could I be falling for the princess that goes by the name of Rena Matsui?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter done! Yay!!! Any If readers out there??? Do you guys remember the first scene? It makes me so happy reminiscing the start of if! So did you like it! I hope you did! For those who have no idea what I'm talking about this is a spin-off book from my Mayuki fan fiction If so read it and have fun! Thank you everyone for reading! Love you guys lots.

~CureBlossomGirl