Captivate

He paced around the interrogation room like a trapped mouse inside a live mouse trap, the sound of his footsteps reverberating from the bleak, gray, concrete walls and the rhythmic beating of his heart was the only thing penetrating the mind fog that he was currently experiencing.

The doors slowly creaked open and a woman in a white lab coat walked in gracefully.

"Dr. Macaraeg, We have been expecting you!" she said in a voice that had a bit of a Russian accent.

"Dr. Volkov, they assigned you here then, of all places." Dr. Macaraeg said mockingly.

"They sought out the person they thought was the best in the field." She said while adjusting her glasses, a ray of light refracted from the left lens towards Dr. Macaraeg's perfectly tan skin.

"They brought you in because we have a history." He retorted as he looked at her face, with those almond shaped eyes but they were green rather than the more common brown and she had an elongated nose structure , unlike his,which highlighted the high cheek bone structure she had courtesy of the her Slavic heritage.

"Your little crush on me? You think they would base a major decision on such a trivial reason?" said the Russian maiden.

"I would like to think so since the whole reason I'm here is because of a strongly worded e-mail I sent to you, Nat!" He said

"Nick that letter went against the direct orders of our superiors!" Nat said "the world could end because of that!"

"Don't you think that minorities should have a say in these things?" Nick said.

"We became the Majority for a reason! Mabuti nga iyon diba?" Nat said

"The whole reason we became the Majority is why they need to become empowered! Nick exclaimed.

"I won't hear it Nick, this is not the place to talk about the previous regime's radical plan that involved you, me and billions of others!" Nat said while throwing her hands up into the air.

"Getting a bit loud in there!" said an unknown voice over the speaker in the corner

"Sir, Dr. Macaraeg was just about to agree with our terms." Natasha Volkov said.

"WHAT TERMS?!" Nick said through gritted teeth.

"You uprooting your research and continuing in Siberia with INCREASED funding and your pick of the interns." Natasha whispered.

"INTERNS!" Nick threw up his arms. "Interns are the best thing you can negotiate with, interns for keeping my mouth shut? I tried to keep it to myself Natasha but I'm living for something bigger than myself now. I just want the world to be better after I leave..." Nick trailed off.

"I knew you, you would never have given your life for the ideology that you believed in. Integrity was not even a part of your vocabulary. You just wanted to have a medical breakthrough, become world famous and then settle down." Natasha said with tears forming in her eyes that shone like emeralds.

"I still want that Nat, I do want to settle down and I wanted to settle down with you until I uncovered the truth about this farce that we are all living." Nick explained "I still want to settle down with you after all of this is done."

"Listen Nick, I saw the documents that explained why the government had to execute the Bagong Bayani program. The program was only to be used when the world was going to shit and the only thing that could have saved it was the values and the principles behind what made our culture a cut above the rest!" Natasha let out a heavy sigh "The program overthrew what would have become dictators in select countries and the world saw what the Bagong Bayani program was becoming and they had to suppress everyone that did not have the same worldview."

"You just replaced many dictators with one world government." Nick said

"Filipinos were slowly going to take over the world inevitably because of all the immigration and the number of Filipinos becoming citizens in other countries. We just made the process move faster." Natasha explained.

The wall opened with a slight hiss and a short figure appeared out of the shadows accompanied by 4 men in barongs, a Philippine flag pin on each of their collars, the sun replaced with the world.

"Mr. President" Nat and Nick lowered their heads.