A new friend

~In Nate's perspective~
I hear the whispers of my classmates. They are a big cloud of sound penetrating my ears. The words invite themselves into my soul. "I heard Nate murdered his own parents," "such a weirdo," "how scary!" These students saying these particular untrue things irritate me to the point of wanting to be a psycho, just to get away from this madness and into a nice silent room. Finally the anger builds up inside me like a can of soda that has been shaken just a little too much. Waiting to open to release the tense energy build up from deep inside. I yell, "It wasn't me I tell you, it wasn't me!" A little more quiet I say with my head down and teary eyes, "It was a 13 year old boy." "I watched him stab every last family member." when he got to me, he refused." "I was the only one left which makes everyone think I did it but I really didn't!" They stare at me. Frightened by my outburst. I knew they wouldn't believe me. The bells ring and I am forced outside by the giant cluttered wave of happy excited people going to play. I go sit by the door by myself, like always. All of the sudden a girl with an innocent smile and light rose pink hair that flows perfectly approaches me slowly. She sits down on the pavement. "Hello, my name is Katie," her sweet voice tickles my ears "What's yours?" she says it with a slight giggle and it makes me giggle too. Answering her is imperative to a future of friendship so I have to answer now. "My name is Nate." I say as I smile back. We talk about ourselves and it turns out she is an orphan too. The teachers call us back inside. I turn back to Katie as I'm getting up. She's gone. It is as though she had never existed.